Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Expensive nuts

Post by les »

Looking at Minors bits on ebay, for some reason went to this Bentley listing, you can bid but you only get a pair of nuts £99.99.Plus postage. I felt like asking the thread size before bidding, doubt they’d know. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BENTLEY-MULS ... 0005.m1851

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Expensive nuts

Post by philthehill »

Les

I think that you will find that the £99.99 is the lead in for other parts of the Bentley.

Phil

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well I guessed the trick but it says you are bidding on a pair of nuts, so I bet if you just bid, that’s what you’d get.

Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

You see it quite a lot on eBay, sellers making sure you don't think you get a whole wrecked car for £99 - still, not bad all things considered, usually it's only a single nut they give you :D
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

If you think those nuts are expensive...….how about this currently on offer?:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor ... SweR1eYPJX

I bought a virtually mint 'caution plate' last October for £2.99 plus £2.90 p&p and sold then the one that was already on my car for £5.02 which was about the same condition as this one!

By the way, I do agree that these wheel nuts for sale are just to invite enquiries for more valuable parts. You often see Moggy wheel nuts for sale at 99p on a similar basis but I suppose with this one being a Bentley, they've just upped the ante. I know I shouldn't think this but it is kind of reassuring that even something as prestigious (and expensive) as a Bentley can catch fire too :oops: .
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

my daughter still costs me a fortune even though she has left home now.

that's expensive 'nuts' for you. 8)
john newton
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by john newton »

a pair of nuts describes it concisley, re john,