Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

What would go here?

Post by trmorrisminor »

Hi all, i hope the picture downloads ok and is available to be seen, in the middle of rebuilding a morris minor van, can anyone tell me please what badges would have been positioned here? I have 4 screw holes so am guessing they relate to two badges or aluminium plaques, I am thinking one will be relating to the seatbelt fixings? Is that correct, if so whats the other one for please? Its a late morris minor van (1971) .Any pics you could send me of what should be there will be a great help.
Many thanks Richard
Attachments
127F390C-67A7-4AAB-9F29-B4018CFBBD9E.jpeg
127F390C-67A7-4AAB-9F29-B4018CFBBD9E.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 779 times
mobylette
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: What would go here?

Post by mobylette »

Should be the vehicle chassis plate ?
Attachments
IMG_20200503_171258413.jpg
IMG_20200503_171258413.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 769 times
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly

Post by trmorrisminor »

Ah many thanks, for the reply, I would have suggested that but I already have a vin plate attached to the passenger door which says Austin Morris with the vin number, weight rating etc etc, would it also have had a vin plate under the bonnet aswell? The other aluminium badge what does that relate to please? Thanks again. Richard
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I doubt it would be for the chassis plate on a 1971 van. Surely they were fitted to the LH door trim? Maybe the holes were left there though but not used?
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly

Post by trmorrisminor »

I have just looked at your picture again and see you have a pull start solenoid so am guessing you have an earlier vehicle, would the later vans have differed in terms of the vin plate location? Where also would the black badge go that relates to the seatbelt compliance?
Thanks again
Richard
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

What's that gaping gash next to the voltage regulator? :-?
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I have just looked at your picture again and see you have a pull start solenoid
That picture (showing the chassis plate) is from a reply not the OP. The OP is the first picture, with no pull start solenoid.
It looks like the bay has been repainted at some point, it's very clean and shiny. :D
Interestingly, the four holes where the makers plates would appear to be slightly indented, so maybe there were plates there originally?
If so I wonder why they were removed?
Best wishes,
Mike.
Last edited by jagnut66 on Tue May 05, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

"That picture (showing the chassis plate) is from a reply not the OP" - eh? Nobody said it was, Mike.
'trmorrisminor' is the OP and his post mentioning the solenoid sets up his query to 'mobylette' about possible differences between earlier and late van vin plate locations.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

eh? Nobody said it was, Mike.
'trmorrisminor' is the OP and his post mentioning the solenoid sets up his query to 'mobylette' about possible differences
Sorry, I misread the reply and thought they'd only scrolled up to the second picture.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)