Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Van glove box lids

Post by trmorrisminor »

Can anyone tell me please if van and pickups have different glove box lids to that of a traveller , saloon or convertible?
The other day i fitted the passenger glove box lid to the van and there is a lovely gap at the bottom of the lid that you can see into the glove box. One option maybe to remove the thinner Van chrome dash trims that run along one edge of the glovebox lid and replace them with traveller/ saloon ones which are much deeper, this should cover up the gap , I didn't take a photo to show you but just very curious at to whether cars and commercial vehicles have different glove box lids?
Many thanks for any help thats given.
Richard
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Van glove box lids

Post by ManyMinors »

Van and pick ups Never had glove box lids.
The lids from cars will fit but, as you say, you need the chrome plated trims from a donor car as well to finish the job off.
You don't say what year your van is but I assume a late one as the earlier models didn't have these trims anyway - the lids being a flush fit with the dashboard.
Also, to make a complete job you'd need the different glovebox liners from a car as well as the van ones are a different design and size don't do quite the same job.
trmorrisminor
Minor Friendly

Re: Van glove box lids

Post by trmorrisminor »

Many thanks for your rely to my post, great well that clarifies that all for me so thankyou, much appreciated. The van is a K reg 1971.
Richard