Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Really?

Post by les »

Checking out what I might expect to get for my pickup, I came across this. I think I’ll be a bit more realistic !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor ... 4370550637

geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: Really?

Post by geoberni »

Well there's a lot of work gone into it, but when you do that much it becomes a matter of personal taste. I think this individual has high expectations that others share their 'taste'; I think they may be disappointed.....
Basil the 1955 series II

shoebone
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by shoebone »

hahahahahahahahaha ...
Some of the quotes ....
absolutely astonishing Morris Minor pick up truck
once in a lifetime opportunity to buy the best Morris Minor on the planet
never find another like it in your lifetime
They thought I was mad, I probably am
Bentley type chrome grill.

Blah blah blah ....... Good luck with the sale, I feel i may regret not selling my house and buying this :wink:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

:o :o :o :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people clearly exist on a different planet to the rest of us, I suspect they will come down to earth with a bump......
As has been stated earlier, it is now altered out of all recognition from original, which will be fine if he can find someone with exactly the same taste as him.
However, at that price, I think even they will think that the seller is several bricks short of a load.............
I can only presume they are hoping the proverbial 'fool' will stumble along.....
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

I think they key quote here is 'you will simply never find another like it in your lifetime' That much is certainly true, the rest is either hyperbole or plainwishful thinking. You can't argue that it isn't a fine pick up and finished to a very high standard, but to suggest it is the best Morris Minor on the planet Is a very bold claim to make.

Be interesting to see if it sells at anywhere near the asking price. I think I'll manage to resist temptation this time and keep my wallet shut though !
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

The owner has had a lot of stick on various car forums over the comments he made in the advert, but he has stuck by his guns and refused to change the price and is adamant it will sell once someone goes to look at it.

Looking at it realistically the pick up is probably worth about £20k tops including the number plate.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Andymoor94
Minor Fan

Post by Andymoor94 »

Saw this very same pickup on Facebook group. The stick he got from other members, you'd have thought he'd listen.
Eugene - My daily driver
1954 4 Door Saloon with original 803cc Engine.
Richie B
Minor Friendly

Post by Richie B »

Well,
my wife has told me to get my rear end into the garage and dont come out till my Clarence 62 saloon is finished and on Ebay for similiar amount :D :D
She is now searching catalogues to spend the unexpected windfall that selling of a MM brings. :roll:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

——- but don’t pick out the wings in cream! :-?

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

If we thought the first advert in this post was advertised by someone who had lost touch with reality, then check out this advert for an Lowlight MM.................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1951-Morris- ... SweDNe9Ny5

If this is even just an indication of what he thinks he's going to get for it then I think we'd all like to know what drugs he's on!! :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

jagnut66 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm If we thought the first advert in this post was advertised by someone who had lost touch with reality, then check out this advert for an Lowlight MM..................
Could be money laundering........ :-?
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

jagnut66 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 pm If we thought the first advert in this post was advertised by someone who had lost touch with reality, then check out this advert for an Lowlight MM.................

If this is even just an indication of what he thinks he's going to get for it then I think we'd all like to know what drugs he's on!! :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
——must be a mistake. Or on £SD !

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

If we thought the first advert in this post was advertised by someone who had lost touch with reality, then check out this advert for an Lowlight MM.................

Best wishes,
Mike.
I've just been on the vendor's website to try and find the actual price.......but it's already been reserved, so the price is not shown.

Whilst we're on the subject of 'bargain buys' - NOT, have a look at this one! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Morris- ... Sw~QJfGwem
In case you're interested you will be relieved to read that it 'needs a little TLC to bring it back to its former glory' (despite just about every panel having rust or dings, including the drainage channels and the roof gutters) and that there's 'a small dent at the back left hand side' (despite it looking as though someone has reversed into at concrete bollard at a bit more than crawling speed)!
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

From memory, the lowlight was advertised at £15995, which given the condition of it, wasn't actually an unreasonable price. It has been finished to a very high standard and subtly upgraded to the 1098 engine for usability. I think it sold a few months back at Mathewsons auction for about £11000, so a nice little profit for the dealer too. In my opinion, a much nicer prospect than the pick up and at half the price !
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

You'll be surprised that it didn't sell, but has been relisted at the same price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184378398442 ... 4378398442