Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Stock pile

Post by les »

I had an inflatable years ago, I’d like another now. Thinking of asking for one of these. Abandoned after shipping people across the channel.
5681C176-A157-4C72-B8EB-75B79759DDDB.jpeg
5681C176-A157-4C72-B8EB-75B79759DDDB.jpeg (372.93 KiB) Viewed 673 times
I was thinking £50 would be a reasonable price to ask, for taking one away.
Attachments
17BD7B2D-622B-4FFD-938F-B7D8823B65C1.jpeg
17BD7B2D-622B-4FFD-938F-B7D8823B65C1.jpeg (283.89 KiB) Viewed 673 times

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Re: Stock pile

Post by Owlsman »

I don't doubt there are a multitude of legal and logistical reasons that would have Home Office civil servants' heads exploding, why you wouldn't be allowed to buy one for £50,000......but I bet deep down, they would like someone to take them all away for 50 of your English pounds :D

Furthermore, I suspect they wish they were not there in the first place and weren't being added to every day it seems.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Apparently they are there as evidence. Good luck in picking out a boat from that random heap, if indeed that is the reason. How would they connect the people to the specific boat? Hardly uncontaminated evidence. I’ll have to investigate further.

Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

''It was definitely a grey one, your Honour..........or it could have been a red one''
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

The issue with selling thing on such as the boats you mentioned is one of liability.

Many years ago I attempted to set up a youth club off shoot teaching kids how to repair and service bicycles, punctures, chain repair that kind of thing.
At Bolton Police station we had a great pile of bikes in all states of repair so I thought unlimited stock of bikes to repair and allow the kids to use, but no, the powers that be were scared the kids would injure themselves and sue the Police.

The bikes were eventually cut in two and sent to the scrap man.
I foresee those boats being the next rubberised flooring for children's playground or similar fate, never too see water again.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

No doubt the " scrap man " would have to sign a disclaimer just in case he cut his finger on any sharp edges ??

What a strange strange world we live in Master Jack..

John ;-)