Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Owlsman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Bargain manual......NOT!

Post by Owlsman »

Apropos absolutely nothing really but just having a browse on eBay re Moggy stuff, I stumbled across this 'bargain' :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor ... SwVbVfKLoq

On what parallel universe do such vendors live? Just in case you were interested, don't forget the P & P at £52.18. I know it's coming from America but even so....!

Not quite so bad but I've have a couple of attempts on eBay to sell a near mint copy of the Moggy 'A collector's Guide' by Guy Saddlestone for £5.95, without success, yet there is a vendor trying to get £49.99 for one. Bonkers!
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Re: Bargain manual......NOT!

Post by Murrayminor »

A friend of mine deals in books and has a regular supply from charity shops and the like.
He then puts all the books on a pallet and they are taken to a distribution centre in Scotland where they are stored awaiting a buyer.
Once a buyer buys the book its packaged automatically and posted.

The selling price is automatically set at £49.99 its up to the individual seller to change the prices accordingly, my friend lists all his books at £49.99 for three weeks then changes the prices to suit.

In those three weeks he sells numerous books at the higher price because today people are lazy, they see an item they want and buy it irrespective of price.

So the manual you see listed could well be one of those selling outlets, it would be interesting to see its price in a few weeks.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Or buy a new one....
https://haynes.com/en-gb/morris/minor/1 ... s%20manual
£19
Plus £2 shipping.....
Basil the 1955 series II

moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

I have one of those gathering dust in the workshop, whe hey!
I recall someone bemoaning the increasing cost of Morris Minors on this site, a certain BMC Ecosse made the point that it was fine by him, it just raised the value of his collection.
Gawd bless im.
Where angels fear to tread
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

When Roy died it was a sad loss to the forum :( he certainly had a way of saving money :lol:
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

geoberni wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 am Or buy a new one....
https://haynes.com/en-gb/morris/minor/1 ... s%20manual
£19
Plus £2 shipping.....
A few years ago I ordered a new Haynes manual for the Morris Minor through Waterstones. The print quality was terrible - it was so faint in parts you couldn't read it. It took it back and got a refund and then went and found one at the next car show we went to for £5.