Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jeff-d
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

front & rear screen rubbers

Post by jeff-d »

I have been looking at the posts about the front & rear screen rubbers they say that the trim in the rubbers changed 1966-67 but did the rubber sizes change as well why i am asking is, will a 66 rubber fit a 59 car cheers
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: front & rear screen rubbers

Post by ManyMinors »

A 1966 car would originally have been fitted with exactly the same rubber and trim as a 1959 car. It wasn't the cars which changed, simply that the rubber changed around 1967 to carry a plastic filler strip trim instead of the previous stainless steel trim. I assume this change was motivated by cost saving. You simply have to use the correct trim for the rubber: You cannot fit the stainless steel trim into the later rubber OR the plastic trim into the rubber designed to carry the stainless trim BUT, you can use either style of rubber and trim in any age of Minor 1000 as long as you use the correct rubber/trim combination.
jeff-d
Minor Fan

Post by jeff-d »

thanks manyminors for the advice
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

ManyMinors wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:27 am You cannot fit the stainless steel trim into the later rubber OR the plastic trim into the rubber designed to carry the stainless trim BUT, you can use either style of rubber and trim in any age of Minor 1000 as long as you use the correct rubber/trim combination.
That is quite true although, personally, I would prefer to ensure the rubber and trim is correct for the age of the car 8)