Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Is this ok?

Post by les »

Can anyone tell me what the trick is here ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor ... SwjN5fuRJm

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Is this ok?

Post by ManyMinors »

No trick. It's the usual scam of lifting other people's old adverts and listing them under somebody else's ID in the hope that somebody stupid will contact them direct on the contact details they have in the photograph and send them a deposit for this great bargain :roll:

Any seller with over 1000 vehicles listed all of which have been photographed in different locations is a scammer aren't they......
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Good to steer clear of those and hit the report button on eBay.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

A list of rip off fake items that has been going around for a few months.
They get their account cancelled after being reported and come back a few days later with the same list.

You actually posted a link last month with the seller listing the same items.
The Sprite https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Heale ... SwH-RfuRJl
on doing a reverse image look-up, appears here on the Sebring Sprite website : http://www.sebringsprite.com/news2017.html Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll find it was a genuine ebay listing back in 2017.....
This looks like a nice little project for someone. Currently (7 Dec) bids are at £3,605 with 9 days to go. The owner states:
"Up for sale is my Speedwell Sprite which I have owned since 2005, but due to my advancing years and numerous other projects, I have decided to sell. The car started life as a standard Cherry Red Frogeye during 1960, but was modified by Speedwell Performance Conversions, London, I believe during the late 1960's (unfortunately I do not have any paperwork to back this up). From what I was told by the person I bought it off it was used for racing during the Seventies, then stored for many years and re-registered during 2002. The bodywork is fairly rusty, particularly in the floor pans, but I have a very solid American shell which goes with the car. The shell was used for racing in the USA and appears to be straight (although rear wheel arches have been modified/flared) and very sound in all the areas normally rusted out on the home market cars (chassis legs, sills, floors, Spring hangers, doors etc... See pictures). Please feel free to contact me to arrange to discuss or view the car - this would be adviseable prior to bidding so that you can see exactly what you are getting. Happy bidding".
I've reported them to ebay so they'll be gone soon....
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes just realised I’d posted earlier !