London Moggy Owners

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
colonelchestbridge
MMOC Member: No

London Moggy Owners

Post by colonelchestbridge »

I'm looking to take the plunge the moment I find the right 1952-55 cheese grater series ii (it feels a bit like dating!)

One thing that's giving me the jitters is the October 2021 ULEZ expansion as I'm near Holloway. Any reason to think the current exemption on classics might be curtailed to raise a little extra pocket money for TFL? How strong is the Classic Car lobby?!

Any other things to be wary of owning a London Moggy? I'll get a good wheel lock and a good breathable cover but it will be on the street.
Monty-4
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: London Moggy Owners

Post by Monty-4 »

I haven't heard anything about the exemption dissapearing and I'd say the classic car lobby is pretty strong - plenty of money and people with connections. Whether it's deserved or not is another matter. :)
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Any other things to be wary of owning a London Moggy? I'll get a good wheel lock and a good breathable cover but it will be on the street.
I'd invest in a wheel clamp too. I think it was 'Bulldog' ones recommended on here in an earlier post, I'll do a search and see if I can find it.
Whether it's deserved or not is another matter.
I wouldn't knock those on our side with power, money and connections if I were you.
At some point in the not too distant future the green (anti-internal combustion engined) car lobbies might turn their attention to us and decide that the classic car movement has had it too good for too long and needs to be 'curtailed and restricted'.....
If that point arrives we classic car fans / owners might all be grateful for those same people with 'power, money and connections' mentioned above.....
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Here you are:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72794&hilit=wheel+clamp

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)