By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bigrob
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Ex-Police Equipment

Post by Bigrob »

Afternoon all,

Hope all are well.

So I've just got hold of a second project, after the first seems to be a non-starter owing to too much work.

It's a 1970 ex-police vehicle. It was 'rat-looked' a few years back with Ka seats fitted, but I'll be picking it up from someone else locally to me.

I have every intention of restoring it to original Police spec, but I don't know where to start.

Is there anywhere I can go or any information around to find the original Police equipment, interior, and ancillary parts (lights etc)?
20210108_143132.jpg
20210108_143132.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 874 times
1968 Trafalgar Blue 2 door- Pig
1970 Met Police 2 door- Panda
burnham28
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Ex-Police Equipment

Post by burnham28 »

fullsizeoutput_a06.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_a06.jpeg (3.78 MiB) Viewed 867 times
It all depends on which force it belonged to. Different forces had different equipment and paint. Best find out which force it came from first.
[img]jpg[/img]
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

This one is mine. An ex metropolitan police panda which is correct. I should know as its the actual car that I drove brand new out of Surbiton police station in April 1968 as a very young police officer.
[img]jpg[/img]
Bigrob
Minor Friendly

Post by Bigrob »

burnham28 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:39 pm This one is mine. An ex metropolitan police panda which is correct. I should know as its the actual car that I drove brand new out of Surbiton police station in April 1968 as a very young police officer.
Blimey! Hit the jack pot with that one. Was that on purpose or by chance?

Mine is also Met police, ELB753J, first registered NW London, but that's all I've been able to find so far
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

It was completely by chance looking through car and classic on the internet and there it was, luckily the person selling it had shown the registration number on the photo so I knew it was mine. ELB is certainly a met panda number. If you want any help with the correct signage and equipment I will try and help.
[img]jpg[/img]
Bigrob
Minor Friendly

Post by Bigrob »

burnham28 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:19 pm It was completely by chance looking through car and classic on the internet and there it was, luckily the person selling it had shown the registration number on the photo so I knew it was mine. ELB is certainly a met panda number. If you want any help with the correct signage and equipment I will try and help.
That's fantastic, although I wouldn't want to buy any of the vehicles I drove early on in my working life.

Thank you, I appreciate that, I think I'll need as much help as you are able to offer!