Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Flywheel
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Cartoon

Post by Flywheel »

Hi Mike. In my view its just a clever bit of artwork, and there is Nothing offensive that I can see that would cause any upset.

When local and Westminster politicians put themselves up for elections, they should all be prepared for the 'odd leg pulling' from time to time.

In my area Havering, a good number of our councillors certainly need the wind knocked out of their sails occasionally.

Before 'lockdown' I would personally make it my business to speak with and challenge, any local politician who was elected to the council.

I was always very polite and respectful when speaking to these people. However on one accasion a conversation did get rather heated, during a chat with the leader of the council.

A Freedom of information request revealed that this gentleman, and his 53 elected colleagues had spent £40K on tea and biscuits over a three year period.

As a man who was working in a special educational needs school, that was crumbling away i thought this was offensive and a waste of public money. Needless to say, this gentleman decided that he wasn't going to speak with me, and then he walked away. Shocking I thought.
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? :roll:
W. Clement Stone
Owlsman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Cartoon

Post by Owlsman »

Postby MorrisJohn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm

Owlsman wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:38 pm

We really are becoming a 'woke' society. What's the latest one? - Mr Potato Head to become gender neutral now (dropping 'Mr' from the name) We really mustn't risk offending any lady potatoes, must we?.......and don't get me going on transgender spuds. :D Who wants to be called a Potato Head anyway?
Postby MorrisJohn » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm
I’m glad there are like-minded people here when it comes to all that nonsense :D
You'll love this one MJ - Several shoppers at Morrisons supermarket have recently taken exception to the Union Jack flag on their own-brand products. One troubled sole was moved to write: "Very upset by porridge I saw in Morrison’s. This flagging everything is very unpleasant and quite intimidating''.
If he or she gets 'upset' by porridge and finds the Union Jack 'intimidating' on UK products, in a UK-based supermarket, selling to UK customers, then I shudder to think what might come next. How do these people get through the day?
Being in a dark narrow alleyway at 2:00. in the morning and facing the prospect of having to pass a gang of drunken, leather-clad, knife-wielding yobs, is how I define 'intimidating'............A porridge label, less so!