Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Purists look away now

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Why the restyling? Because my OH wants to do it.
The car has been lurking in the far end of the garage since it started using as much oil as petrol, years ago.
Having completed several 'standard' Minor restorations and some classic motorbikes he decided he would dig CAR out and do something with it.
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Purists look away now

Post by Admin »

CAR734B wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 am
philipkearney wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:58 pm You have to admire the skill and craftsmanship that has gone into making it but then you think, all that work and you've still got the engine in the wrong end :D
Someone has real wit. It screams fun, and will irk the beard-brigade just enough. Gotta say I like it... a lot. And normally I'd run a mile from the idea of a VW/Moggy b*****d-child.

Agreed, needs the engine at the other end, and now finds the worst aspects of both a VW and a Moggy. Don't fancy a clattery VW engine in the rear of a Traveller, it must be LOUD. The rims seem misplaced, one set of wide-steels would retain the look. Yet, I'm nitpicking here - the standard of work is stupendous.

I'd take that home in a heart-beat.
'Course, you could always keep the VW engine location AND a Minor front end and end up 4WD like a Twini
Twini_01.jpg
Twini_01.jpg (93.25 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster