Is there anyone near Lichfield with a Minor?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Timdiver1966
MMOC Member: Yes

Is there anyone near Lichfield with a Minor?

Post by Timdiver1966 »

Hello, there.
I've just bought back a 1959 Minor Traveller, which I first owned in 1988 - it's a long story!
I didn't take it apart, and now I've got a fully-restored shell, with a 1098cc engine and ribbed box. However, all the pedal linkages are in bits, as is the engine and all the pulleys. I'm pretty much sorted on putting the engine and gearbox back together, but I'm not sure how the engine, gearbox, their respective mounts and clutch linkages go back together.
I'd also really like to see how the brakes run - I've got 6 manuals of varying quality, but they not that clear on reassembly!
If anyone is willing to let me visit them (keeping distanced) and photograph the engine bay and beneath the car, I'd be very happy to donate chocolates and wine in return for their time, or to make an agreed donation to a charity of their choice.

Thank you.

Tim Prince,
Shenstone,
Lichfield.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Re: Is there anyone near Lichfield with a Minor?

Post by moggiethouable »

I wondered Tim if you have a copy of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182110840564 ... -MQAvD_BwE
it shows an excellent blow up of the assemblies you are interested in.
Where angels fear to tread
Timdiver1966

Post by Timdiver1966 »

Thanks, but I already have that; I find that actually seeing things in situ is best for the way my mind is wired!!
Thank you for taking the time to reply, though.
KayBur
MMOC Member: No

Post by KayBur »

Have you looked for some YouTube videos on the repair and assembly of such a model? It seems to me that YouTube has everything and this is more visual than describing some manuals in words.
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Hi Tim I'm in Solihull if this helps you?
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
Timdiver1966

Post by Timdiver1966 »

KayBur wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:31 pm Have you looked for some YouTube videos on the repair and assembly of such a model? It seems to me that YouTube has everything and this is more visual than describing some manuals in words.
Thanks, I've looked on Youtube but I really want to be able to stand in front of a Minor with my camera. It's the way my mind works...
Timdiver1966

Post by Timdiver1966 »

cococola wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm Hi Tim I'm in Solihull if this helps you?
That would be brilliant, thank you. I am often in Solihull at the leisure centre. If you wanted to suggest some dates that are convenient to you after the Bank holiday (any afternoon or evening except a Wednesday) would be greatly appreciated.
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Pm sent
Timdiver1966

Post by Timdiver1966 »

Thanks to Alan and Sarah for letting me go and have a look at their two lovely Minors. Being able stand in front of (and crawl under) their Traveller has been really helpful in understanding where certain bits go.
I first bought my Minor in 1988, then sold it to my brother a year or so later. He restored the wood and bodywork, but sadly had a stroke and is no longer able to complete the car. As I didn't take it apart, I wasn't sure how some bits went back on - but I am now!!
Thanks guys - hope to see you at Cars in the Park!
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

great to meet you Tim and look forward to seeing your Traveller on the road. :)