Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Hello

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi I am a newbie here having just got my first traveller, which thankfully is in a useable condition but does require work (hopefully not to much) in the few weeks of ownership I have now got the bug that my wife has for these cars and am now learning as much as possible as well as enjoying driving our Meggie.
Attachments
4B6CD558-7247-4E3C-8CAB-928B8FBBC74D.jpeg
4B6CD558-7247-4E3C-8CAB-928B8FBBC74D.jpeg (341.41 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Meggie living in West Sussex. Slowly being restored.
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: Hello

Post by KeithL »

Welcome to the Forum. Your car certainly looks a little different to the norm so I hope you are going to tell us all about it in time. Meanwhile enjoy driving her.

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hello and welcome,
Never seen one with a black vinyl roof before....
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi
Thanks for the reply’s
A quick breakdown on the history that came with her.
Her third owner had the modifications completed at Charles Wares in the early 2000’s which included a 1275 engine marina disc brakes 5 speed box and the Minilights as well as a single price rear door.
He kept her until 2015. From there I have no real information other than I think she was enjoyed.
Thankfully she is in quite good condition with most jobs being within my grasp Electrics/mechanics as we hope to restore her to a good useable level to use and enjoy as well as to carry us to my wife’s craft shows.
Attachments
Back door
Back door
8CD9FEDC-A180-44FF-B88B-B9132B500D25.jpeg (164.39 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
KayBur
MMOC Member: No

Post by KayBur »

Hey! I am also new to this forum and so far in search of my rare vehicle. I really hope to soon find the car of your dreams, in which you can put your heart and soul.
Mick Lynch
Minor Fan

Post by Mick Lynch »

Meggie moggy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:44 amsingle piece rear door.
It’s got a single rear door like an A35 countryman! The concept works too - looks good and unobstructed rear view. Do the two hinges support it okay?

I’m surprised this is the first one I’ve ever seen.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Having owned a A35 van and a couple of A35 Countryman's in my honest opinion the rear door hinges were never any good and required constant attention. :cry:

Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Im just speaking to a guy who did a lot of the welding on it fairly recently :lol:
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

A bit of history. I previously owned reg number JMA 969K, and sold it in January 2016. I only owned the unique car for seven months, and I decided to buy a decent Corvette! There is only only one Morris like this, and it lived in London, and was the pride and joy of the previous owner before me. Although MOT'd, the underside was getting ready for a fair bit of welding which the MOT history on the DVLA site shows. The most recent MOT pass in 2018 had little on it so probably pretty good now. The registration is a re-registration, and it was previously JDA 28K until November 2015.
Last edited by busguy on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi
Thank you for the reply’s with reference to the door it was a 1 off that the previous owner in London had commissioned with Charles Wares it is still in good condition with the hinges still holding up though you do have to lift it a bit to close it (another job on the list)
It also has a Perspex window to help with the weight.
You are right about the floor it has been repaired previously and is now being checked over by a local restorer as there a few small welding jobs.
I have a large history folder that came with her and was wondering if anyone knows if Mick the London owner is contactable?
Hi Matt would the gentleman who did the welding have any information regarding what was needed to be done? This is purely out of interest though I do think I am getting a bit obsessed by all things traveller 😊
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

Unfortunately the London owner passed away before I bought it, and that is the only reason the family parted with the car.
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly

Post by Meggie moggy »

That is really sad but does answer why the car was sold, he had certainly loved the car and certainly left his stamp on her.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

I have sent you a private message, which you can access from the top line, at the right of your MMOC screen.
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

philthehill wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 am Having owned a A35 van and a couple of A35 Countryman's in my honest opinion the rear door hinges were never any good and required constant attention. :cry:
you sure Phil? i got rid of my traveller years ago as the hinges on it made the doors drop almost all the time. The wood was half decent.

My A35 van which i've had for years has never needed the rear door hinges looking at.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Hello looks like you have got a nice traveller :D