Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
nutsandbolts
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Hi All from newbie

Post by nutsandbolts »

Hi all from a newbie to this forum, I am Larry from Burnley and have just bought myself a 1962 2 door moggie.

Over the last few years I have been tinkering with and riding classic British motorcycles until on Good Friday I went to the shop on my Tiger Cub, a car pulled out in front of me (I had my headlight on and was wearing a hi viz jacket) .... a very near miss! So I have sold a few bikes, hung up the helmet and bought a lovely Morris Minor.

I have had a few minors in the past including a traveller (about 30 odd years ago) which was hired by 'screen cars' and appeared as a prop in the TV series Morris and his marvellous Minors.

I picked up the car from Durham on classic drivers day the other Sunday and drove the 100 miles on the 'A' and 'B' roads to its new home in Burnley, (with breakdown cover just in case) and loved every minute of it. I have joined the mmoc and I am enjoying reading the posts.
I have installed some sound deadening fire retardant panels on the cab bulkhead and boot as there were none fitted, this has reduced engine and drumming noise, she is a pleasure to drive, maybe not one for the purist with servo (still drum brakes) tele rear shocks, anti roll bar, alternator and elec ignition.
I am looking forward to doing the servicing and some great runs out this summer.
the most unreliable part of a car is the nut holding the steering wheel!
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Hi All from newbie

Post by ManyMinors »

An excellent choice! Welcome to the world of Morris Minors :)
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the board!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Welcome and happy motoring!!!

Too many Minors so little time.....
nutsandbolts
Minor Friendly

Post by nutsandbolts »

Thanks all, upload a photo it look white in the photo but it is actually cream
Attachments
GEDC0001.JPG
GEDC0001.JPG (598.9 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

My first bike was a Tiger Cub.
E95ED15A-E32E-4EFD-B61C-7187618A796D.jpeg
E95ED15A-E32E-4EFD-B61C-7187618A796D.jpeg (893.23 KiB) Viewed 1515 times

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hello and welcome.
You have a very nice looking Moggy there, I suspect your 'cream' is actually 'Old English White', which is a lovely colour.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

welcome aboard! my wife had a Tiger Cub,and was learning on a Honda 125 when she had a spill in the rain.that put her off riding for life. her 2 bikes were sold,but she still rode pillion.
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

A lovely car you have and it sounds great from what you’ve said. Hello and welcome from a fellow ex-biker (I quit after six accident-free years of riding almost daily. I knew my luck would eventually run out!). Wishing you many years of happiness with your Moggy.

John
nutsandbolts wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am Thanks all, upload a photo it look white in the photo but it is actually cream
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Wow, Some give up after an incident, others give up because they haven’t had an incident, so far I’ve had two but got back on the horse. Bike riding’s something else !

nutsandbolts
Minor Friendly

Post by nutsandbolts »

Thanks all, I still have a BSA D1 bantam and a 1955 plunger tiger cub in the shed to restore, and will carry on with these projects but no more two wheel outings for me, hope we have some nice sunny days to take our moggies out, mine will be a fine weather only car where possible.

The info on this site is great, I will no doubt be asking technical questions from the group.

regards Larry
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

Welcome to the Forum Larry. A nice looking car you've got there. Keep your questions coming , the folks like
something to occupy their " little grey cells ".
If you amend your personal details to include Burnley ( never quote you full address or contact phone numbers
on the website ) it will cut down the " where are you based " questions in the future.
More importantly , you might find a local owner who was prepared to help out with a problem. Unfortunately
Burnley is a little way away from Surrey. The " I'm just popping around the corner for half an hour , to help someone out " line , probably wouldn't work with my wife !
Safe motoring.
Bob
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Hi nuts and bolts lovely car you have :D .I have always had bikes since I was 15 and started up on an Ariel Arrow then A leader