Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MCYorks
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Rat look truck

Post by MCYorks »

geoberni wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:42 am You'd have more chance restoring this...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73750
Well that's what you call a brave restoration project! Half car half bush :-? . At least the roof, side and rear door panels are aluminium, so they won't have rusted :lol:
Appears it was registered in May 1971 and Traveller production was discontinued in April 1971, so it could well be one of the last Travellers! If that's the case, then it may be worth saving by someone who has the time and skills, but moving it could be fun :wink:
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

Still well worth having even if it is beyond redemption, restoration wise. Certainly a great source of all those hard to find little parts. Such a shame it's been allowed to get into that state though.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Appears it was registered in May 1971 and Traveller production was discontinued in April 1971, so it could well be one of the last Travellers! If that's the case, then it may be worth saving by someone who has the time and skills, but moving it could be fun
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=73750

In that case it may be worth acquiring, as you say, by someone with the time and skills. It would be good to know the chassis number, in case this is the LAST Traveller off the line.
In which case it could well be worth the time and money in the long run, what's it going to need? Chassis rails, sills, floor pans.....
And someone good at welding.
Shame to see it like this.
Stuff the truck, this is potentially far more important!
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

jagnut66 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:17 pm
Stuff the truck, this is potentially far more important!
Best wishes,
Mike.[/i][/b]
Agreed Mike. I know which one I would rather have.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

jagnut66 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:17 pm

In that case it may be worth acquiring, as you say, by someone with the time and skills. It would be good to know the chassis number, in case this is the LAST Traveller off the line.
Unlikely to be the last, in my opinion. My traveller was registered in July 1971, but extrapolating from the last traveller's chassis number (1294082) and others I have come across, I think mine came off the production line no later than November 1970. I suspect a lot of the last cars hung around for some time before being sold - mine has a Birmingham registration, so possibly registered by BL themselves, which was a method sometimes used to allow sales below list price in order to shift unwanted stock.