Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Extremely modified split screen Minor

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Phil just posted this up as for sale on eBay, in the 'might be of interest' category.
Not him selling it I might add.
But, as this is such a deviation away from what the car originally was, I just thought it might be interesting for people to air their thoughts on it.
Obviously most will admire the skill it takes to create something but beyond that...............??
Here she is:
V8 split screen Morris Minor.jpg
V8 split screen Morris Minor.jpg (632.59 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Built for racing only now I'd say, however, was she once a now rare lowlight?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Extremely modified split screen Minor

Post by philthehill »

Here is a link to a copy of the Car and Car conversions Sept 1967 magazine with the Minor in question on the front page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153070149773 ... %3A2334524
I have the magazine and there is not much about the Minor except a note regarding the front cover photo.
Front cover - The Irish way of doing things - a V8 American 'lump' in a split-screen Morris (with other obvious mods!
The photo was taken by D.B. Crawford.
Last edited by philthehill on Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaekl
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by jaekl »

Seeing that it doesn't have a short bonnet, it wasn't a low light.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

As with most vehicles used in motorsport they are under constant modification and more so back then. The bonnet now fitted is not the same one as shown in the C&CC magazine front cover.
The wheel base is 4" longer so could have an effect on the bonnet or boot/rear/front wheel arches.
Whilst the car is nice I would rather stick with my mod prod Minor. So I will not be putting in an offer. 8)