Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Ebay

Post by les »

What have they done to ebay ? A window now appears saying your are now switching to all sellers hub, and then cant get rid of the window. They won’t leave well alone !
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Re: Ebay

Post by myoldjalopy »

They are not alone - no wonder nothing works properly when they are continually meddled with and altered, just for the sake of 'continuous improvement', or some such nonsensical jargon :(
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

More like 'continual chaos', which, of course, keeps all those IT bods in their well paid jobs............
Kryten, disengage cynical mode.... :lol:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Bowie69
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Bowie69 »

Yes, we should all use Ebay like it was in 1997, it was so good then.

Times change, and the digital world is one of the fastest places it does, so things must be updated to keep up -either that or go out of business?

Not sure what your specific issue is, but try clearing your browser cache (https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... %3DDesktop), which may help. Clearly new developments are needed but will always cause some difficulties for a minority of users -a dialog not being able to be closed is classic stale JavaScript, and a simple cache clear may well solve the issue.

P.s. I am one of those IT bods, though that is not such a great description anymore!
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

Thanks for the tip Bowie, for a few months I’ve been getting a blue banner at the bottom about accepting cookies, which kept reappearing after pressing accept.
Your reply prompted me to have a look and deleting the cookies from the foreign eBay sites (eBay.com, eBay.fr, eBay.au, etc) fixed my issue.

Regards John
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

Great, glad to help one person at least :)

Other thing is to make sure your browser is modern and up to date.... I had another chap complaining that they didn't want to stop using IE11 earlier this year.... IE11 is completely unsupported now, and no-one should be using it unless forced to by internally by a company for legacy software.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes, and thanks from me.