That's going to be one very noisy Traveller.... :o
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Mathewsons auction

Post by jagnut66 »

That's going to be one very noisy Traveller
If you mean the carpets, they're in a bag in the load area, sat on its damaged (?or not fitted very well?) covering. No sign of insulation to go with them though.
There are one ot two 'niggles', plus is that a dent on the roof they are highlighting in one of the pictures?
So not for that price thankyou.
The convertible is nice, though it has later front light/indicator units fitted, looks like later rear wings too, however this is still the one I think there may be a bun fight over, if for any of them.
The two door has rust 'issues', plus painted bumper and rear light chrome, which I would assume was a 'cheap fix'. If someone wanted a nice cheap Minor to do up this may be it.
Personally though I would be looking to pay less than the 'guide' price for it in that condition and, of the three, this is the one I suspect the seller will be most open to offers on. So a cheaper deal may be had?
Maybe.
We have to allow for over inflated opinions of a classic cars worth these days.............
Sellers used to use the phrase 'no dreamers' in adverts (and probably still do), however in recent years the phrase 'dreamers' could equally be used to apply to some sellers as well..................
Do they publish sale prices after the auction? It would be interesting to see what they go for, if they sell.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

jagnut66 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:05 pm
That's going to be one very noisy Traveller
If you mean the carpets, they're in a bag in the load area, sat on its damaged (?or not fitted very well?) covering.
Mike.
I don't think I browsed that far down the images, it was looking a bit repetitive. :lol:

it's a pity there's not more images of the Tourer. As you say, spoilt by the indicators, so I wonder what else has been changed they're not showing us.... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

Chipper
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Chipper »

At least you can see the super condition of the kidney panels, inner sills, rear floorpans, etc.; it's obviously had alot of work put into it.

Are the backs of the rear door ally panels supposed to be a grey (primer?) colour though? :-?
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Chipper wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:50 pm At least you can see the super condition of the kidney panels, inner sills, rear floorpans, etc.; it's obviously had alot of work put into it.

Are the backs of the rear door ally panels supposed to be a grey (primer?) colour though? :-?
The rear door panels should be painted in body colour on both sides. There is a lot of finishing off still to be done to that car for the suggested asking price! Most of it will be fairly straightforward and the car looks in very good condition but for that price I would expect everything to have been completed :wink:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

but for that price I would expect everything to have been completed
Exactly!
Between £8K and £9K Tops! (Especially with the roof damage)
Or walk away and buy a better car privately.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Mick Lynch
Minor Fan

Post by Mick Lynch »

This is the most expensive Morris I’ve ever seen.... anyone seen dearer? $69,500

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/re ... 1583868940
C$69500 ! !
C$69500 ! !
9453AD0E-FA65-4DF7-B6F7-2FB071585839.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1427 times
Thats £39,767

Look closely and it’s an early short bonnet
Short bonnet
Short bonnet
A8062829-19DC-46F7-8BE2-0C3321B5DF01.jpeg (87.27 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
And it’s in the middle of nowhere too.

Heavily customized with a 6276cc V8. Shame to molest a nice early tourer.
Attachments
97965AF1-AB09-40CD-A71A-3678255D0ECE.jpeg
97965AF1-AB09-40CD-A71A-3678255D0ECE.jpeg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

That looks remarkably good value for money, given the kit that it has in it -ready made drag car for the street.
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

In the vendor's description, apart from about the opening few syllables, I didn't understand a word of that! :D :D