By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

25th September spares day

Post by Quantumrush »

Hi,
On the spares day if you want to bring some stuff to sell
Does it cost any more money to get in or is it the same?

And is there anything specific you have to do.
Quantum :)
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: 25th September spares day

Post by Admin »

Ring the office to book in - 01332 291675
Cheers!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I will be attending (Traveller willing of course), with all the spares I no longer need.
It will all be FREE to Morris Minor owners in need.
So come along and empty my stall.
Anything left at the end of Sunday will be going in the bin / to the scrapman.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly

Post by Quantumrush »

jagnut66 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 pm Hi,
I will be attending (Traveller willing of course), with all the spares I no longer need.
It will all be FREE to Morris Minor owners in need.
So come along and empty my stall.
Anything left at the end of Sunday will be going in the bin / to the scrapman.
Best wishes,
Mike.
What are you bringing with you?
Or is it a come find out tomorrow situation 😂
Des911
Minor Friendly

Post by Des911 »

Where is it being held ??
1958 4 door Black
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

Yes. As this is the MMOCs own forum, why on earth is such an event not listed on their events page :roll:
Surely that should be done from the Derby office?
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

John, You have shown a listing copied from the MMOC website.
My comments relate to it not being listed on this forum on the "Events" page where I can see no mention of it at all. Seems a bit of a lack of opportunity to raise awareness? I for one would have gone if I'd known about it sooner :wink:
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

It's advertised in the most recent copy of the magazine, on the website, and on the social media groups.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Admin wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 pm It's advertised in the most recent copy of the magazine, on the website, and on the social media groups.
But it's absence from the relevant section on here just feeds the idea that the MMOC is letting the Forum pass away from neglect...... :cry:
Basil the 1955 series II

Des911
Minor Friendly

Post by Des911 »

geoberni wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm

But it's absence from the relevant section on here just feeds the idea that the MMOC is letting the Forum pass away from neglect...... :cry:
100% agree !!
1958 4 door Black
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I'm not trying to be negative, but the club only publish a magazine every 2 months which is a long time coming. By the time the most recent one arrived our plans for that weekend were already made. I have no reason to look at the main website and I don't look at any social media. This forum IS the MMOCs own and can be updated instantly so seems the obvious place to advertise the clubs own events :wink:
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Listen, you're going to wait a long long time before you see me 'letting the forum die'. There's no point in going over old ground again and again, and of course I have to be mindful of keeping committee things in confidence, but Simon and I have not stopped banging the drum for the forum when some think it's not worth the bother!
To be fair, I didn't list it here because I figured most people look at the event listing page, but I hear your voice and I'll make sure similar things go in both places. Unfortunately the office don't post on the message board and I run the social media group as well as this board, and I'm also actually AT the event marking out traders pitches so sometimes inevitably something gets missed. Not trying to make excuses!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Nobody is having a dig at you personally Mike. Most of us are very aware of the great work that you put in. Many of us feel that "The Club" as an organisation undervalue the potential of the forum but have said that before of course.
Onwards and upwards. Let us hope that the event is good and well attended and perhaps becomes a regular thing. If today is anything to go by, the weather is looking very promising :)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Not in the slightest a dig at you Mike, you have my full support for your valiant efforts, I'm just highlighting the lack of support that you get from the rest of the top echelons.
Unfortunately the office don't post on the message board
Why not, it's hardly difficult to do (so long as the site is actually up and running).

Quite frankly, although there is now the fb group, which is a totally different social platform, for many years the Forums have been the 'Public Face' of the MMOC, so allowing it to get into the current state is wrong on so many levels for any organisation wishing to publicise itself.

Any major classic car organisation, like the MMOC, should have a first rate Forum/Bulletin Board to present and promote itself.
This current offering is anything but first rate.
How it goes down so frequently is shameful.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I think Mike and Simon are doing their best, I personally believe that those attending the next AGM need to throw this gauntlet at the MMOC committee and thus force them to act.
Having read through this and other posts on the subject in the past, where I have expressed similar views to those voiced by others here, I have come to the conclusion that Mike is right and that posting on here about this sites 'issues' is now just taking us around in circles. It needs to be thrown into tha lap of 'the management' in the strongest terms that are politely possible.

Now back to the spares day :D
All sorts, two sets of wheels, hubcaps, a headlight bowl, front drums (Minor 1000) with pipes and shoes / cylinders / wheel bearings, 948 flywheels, 1 x 948 clutch, Minor 1000 exhaust manifolds, a 1275 manifold (ex-Marina), the exhaust side of a Series 2 manifold, Minor 1000 screen rubbers (NOS), early (speedo in front of driver) series 2 speedo cable, some other chrome bits, Minor 1000 rear light lenses, and loads of other stuff packed in bags and boxes that I will only remember on the day when it sees 'the light of day' again! :D
Come along and help yourselves, it's all FREE to Morris Minor owners in need.
The sign will say it all: Garage Clearance.
It's amazing how much you accumilate and duplicate or triplicate etc. etc........
So a clearout of certain items was long overdue (I will still have two spare sets of wheels for example).
I just need you all to pray that my poor heavily laden Traveller makes it, I don't she's bourne such a load in a long time......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly

Post by Quantumrush »

Des911 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm Where is it being held ??
Kelmarsh hall and gardens
NN6 9LY

MAIN RD, KELMARSH
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly

Post by Quantumrush »

jagnut66 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:09 pm I think Mike and Simon are doing their best, I personally believe that those attending the next AGM need to throw this gauntlet at the MMOC committee and thus force them to act.
Having read through this and other posts on the subject in the past, where I have expressed similar views to those voiced by others here, I have come to the conclusion that Mike is right and that posting on here about this sites 'issues' is now just taking us around in circles. It needs to be thrown into tha lap of 'the management' in the strongest terms that are politely possible.

Now back to the spares day :D
All sorts, two sets of wheels, hubcaps, a headlight bowl, front drums (Minor 1000) with pipes and shoes / cylinders / wheel bearings, 948 flywheels, 1 x 948 clutch, Minor 1000 exhaust manifolds, a 1275 manifold (ex-Marina), the exhaust side of a Series 2 manifold, Minor 1000 screen rubbers (NOS), early (speedo in front of driver) series 2 speedo cable, some other chrome bits, Minor 1000 rear light lenses, and loads of other stuff packed in bags and boxes that I will only remember on the day when it sees 'the light of day' again! :D
Come along and help yourselves, it's all FREE to Morris Minor owners in need.
The sign will say it all: Garage Clearance.
It's amazing how much you accumilate and duplicate or triplicate etc. etc........
So a clearout of certain items was long overdue (I will still have two spare sets of wheels for example).
I just need you all to pray that my poor heavily laden Traveller makes it, I don't she's bourne such a load in a long time......
Best wishes,
Mike.

Any chance you could put the wheels aside for me please?

I'll come and find you as soon as I can :)

You've got quite a few bits that I'm interested in as I'm currently rebuilding my 2 door.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

What happened to the new website there was talk of ?? The server on this one is useless :evil:
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

It IS coming, but we want to be sure that it's right before launching it.