Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

E0 Petrol

Post by Meggie moggy »

Just a question to get opinions we have a small independent petrol garage near to us which claims to be stocking E0 Petrol, I have spoken to them and have been informed that they do supply a large number of classic car owners even more so with a lot of the garages only stoking E10 fuel. Therefore, has anyone else got service stations near to them stoking E0?
Meggie living in West Sussex. Slowly being restored.
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Re: E0 Petrol

Post by Owlsman »

If you're asking about garages stocking ethanol-free petrol, I think the only such fuel that is available is Esso Synergy Supreme 99. In Sheffield where I am, we are only have 2 Esso filling stations.....and one of those is not really in Sheffield!! I assume it to be even more expensive than E5 Sainsbury's super unleaded, which is what I am using......always assuming you can find a garage that's still got any petrol at all. :D
Meggie moggy
Minor Friendly

Post by Meggie moggy »

Hi Owlsman
thanks for replying, I have seen the Esso Synergy petrol which when available does seem to be a suitable alternative but after Googling (I am never keen to trust Google) this I have found they are a local run business to the South East providing oils,fuels and gas which looking at reviews appears to be on the level and well thought of I think I will take the chance and give this a go.
Meggie living in West Sussex. Slowly being restored.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Time for us to go back to the 1970s and................
Put a Tiger in your Tank.jpg
Put a Tiger in your Tank.jpg (144.15 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
:D
Last edited by jagnut66 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

"What’s in our Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol

Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules whose job it is to reduce the friction in your engine helping the moving parts work more efficiently.*

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation."

From Esso's website.