Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Upgraded brake lights + side lights?

Post by Quantumrush »

So I've been having a conversation with my stepdad about upgraded brake lights and side lights for his pickup and my saloon (led conversion).

As they are going to be used as a daily drive for us and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as what we would need to do to have to convert them

As the current ones are dimmer than most cars nowadays so it's more of a safety thing it.

For the pickup it's being kept more original but we are changing the lights so that we can be seen.

As for the saloon.... I'm welcome to any mods original or not as it's going to be more of a rat rod style.

Quantum :)
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Re: Upgraded brake lights + side lights?

Post by Monty-4 »

There are a few suppliers of compatible and high quality LEDs about, and even more who supply LEDs that flicker and don't give out much light!

The only thing you really need to take into account is if changing the indicators/trafficators, you need to have bulbs with added resistors, add inline resistors, or change the flasher unit. The standard one won't work with bulbs that draw such low current.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly

Post by Quantumrush »

Monty-4 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:10 pm There are a few suppliers of compatible and high quality LEDs about, and even more who supply LEDs that flicker and don't give out much light!

The only thing you really need to take into account is if changing the indicators/trafficators, you need to have bulbs with added resistors, add inline resistors, or change the flasher unit. The standard one won't work with bulbs that draw such low current.
I picked up a new flasher unit the other day at the spares event because the original was acting up with the led headlights I put in (they have halo indicators)

Would that work?
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Sounds likely!
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
Quantumrush
Minor Friendly

Post by Quantumrush »

Monty-4 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:14 pm Sounds likely!

Thanks
Just got to find some high quality LEDs now