Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Would you choose Lucas parts?

Post by jagnut66 »

I believe we've all heard of the name associated with Lucas, 'Prince of Darkness', well I came accross these on another furum, I think it ties into this topic.............. :lol: .................
Best wishes,
Mike.

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness."

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.
Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb.
Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

This is what you need.
B34B460C-7C82-4032-87BA-F6DF2CB1A855.png
B34B460C-7C82-4032-87BA-F6DF2CB1A855.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 651 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

:lol: :lol:
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

So, it appears some company has managed to make Lucas branded parts, more unreliable than the 1970's versions! That's quite an achievement :lol:

There seems to be plenty of poor quality, cheap and/or cloned parts about these days. Even buying a well known brand doesn't guarantee the part you're getting will be any good.