Classic Motor Show NEC 2021

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Peatminor
MMOC Member: No

Classic Motor Show NEC 2021

Post by Peatminor »

I'm looking for a discount code. Will there be one in the Minor Matters Nov/Dec edition? Thanks
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Classic Motor Show NEC 2021

Post by geoberni »

Go to the Club Home Page using the link at the top of the page and if you're a member, the Code is available by following the links.
Basil the 1955 series II

Peatminor
MMOC Member: No

Post by Peatminor »

Ah thanks! The code doesn't seem to be working but it's probably an issue with the classic car motor show website
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Anyone intending to visit the show will be required to prove their Covid status. Before gaining entry to the show, you will need to show NHS or equivalent proof of vaccination at least 14 days before the show, or a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of your visit. Full details are on the show website, but no proof = no entry; so be sure that you are prepared.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I went to the NEC for the co-located H&S/Facilities/Fire/Security/Blue Light expos back in September.
Although the NHS Covid Pass is a simple to scan QR code on a phone or a printout, none of the staff doing the checks were equipped with scanners.
They examined every printed form or read every phone display to check status.
Then you got given a coloured wristband to prove you'd been checked.
Basil the 1955 series II

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

If I understand the English rules correctly, people won't have to wear masks at the NEC event?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

woodiesenfrance wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:44 pm If I understand the English rules correctly, people won't have to wear masks at the NEC event?
Hi Mary
Unless the rules change, you're correct. There were few people wearing masks in September; however people were automatically giving others more room and it was not as busy as such events in the past.
I really only saw some NEC staff in masks and the occasional 'punter', who perhaps were people with medical conditions.
Basil the 1955 series II

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

However if you insist upon going, and are going by car, the rail station carpark is usually far cheaper than the NEC (I know from going to Crufts)
You can book and pre-pay online.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

That's a very useful tip. A few years ago, we parked a couple of stations down the line. No booking, the car park was free and the train fare a couple of pounds return. It's probably changed by now, but may be worth exploring.

Several people have said to me that they will not attend due to lack of masks. Even though legislation says that it is personal choice, the NEC is a private space and it could easily be made a condition of entry that a mask is worn, but they have chosen not to do so. However, that's really a separate discussion, and I don't want to start a drift too far off topic. :-?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Anyone intending to visit the show will be required to prove their Covid status. Before gaining entry to the show, you will need to show NHS or equivalent proof of vaccination at least 14 days before the show, or a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of your visit. Full details are on the show website, but no proof = no entry; so be sure that you are prepared.
Great. :roll:
I've bought my ticket, plus my rail ticket, when doing so I saw nothing stating that this was going to be a requirement, so I'd have have got all the way there...............
I have my vaccination cards for my first and second jabs, will this be enough or do I have to download an App?
(Though did someone say they can't read them anyway?)
Many thanks,
Mike.

Update: I have just registered on the NHS site, if I print a Covid Pass off will this do?
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Hi Mike
From my experience in Sept, a printed copy of your Covid Pass will be fine.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

From my experience in Sept, a printed copy of your Covid Pass will be fine.
Thanks Berni.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I'm not going to the Show as I have to visit my Father-in-Law at the weekend for his 86th Birthday, So I won't risk going over on the Friday, but the latest on the Covid Requirements can be found here: https://thenec.co.uk/visitors/plan-your-visit/

At the most basic, you can quite literally just show them a Lateral Flow Result text.... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II