Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Postage

Post by les »

If I’m reading this correctly we will have to pay extra to receive the magazine when renewing membership next year
If we don’t decide to read on line instead.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Postage

Post by philthehill »

Les
I read it as the UK membership fee will remain the same with the paper Minor Matters magazine included. European membership and the rest of the world will have the option of paper or online magazine. at the increased price as set out in Nov/Dec issue of Minor Matters.
Phil

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I'm with Phil.
UK - No Change.
During Covid, overseas have been getting an online and a paper copy, but with increased postal charges, they're now getting a choice. £5 more to get paper magazine.

It says it was passed at the 2021 AGM - I do think that 6 months further on it would be nice if the minutes of that AGM were available on the website, but that's another topic entirely. :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It seems I’m not reading it correctly ! thanks Phil and Berni.

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

geoberni wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:23 pm I'm with Phil.
UK - No Change.
During Covid, overseas have been getting an online and a paper copy, but with increased postal charges, they're now getting a choice. £5 more to get paper magazine.

It says it was passed at the 2021 AGM - I do think that 6 months further on it would be nice if the minutes of that AGM were available on the website, but that's another topic entirely. :roll:
As an overseas member I can confidently say that I have not regularly received an online copy of MM in addition to the printed version.

Minutes cannot be posted until approved at the next meeting i.e. the next AGM which is why they are not yet available.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

A little off the posted Topic, but in response to Mary....
woodiesenfrance wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:43 pm
Minutes cannot be posted until approved at the next meeting i.e. the next AGM which is why they are not yet available.
A commonly held belief, but an entirely false 'fact'.

Minutes are 'approved as correct' at the following meeting of it's type, i.e. the AGM, Monthly meeting etc, but as in this case, how can the MMOC state in the magazine that
These changes were discussed and passed at the 2021 MMOC AGM

if there is no supporting record available?

Minutes, marked as 'DRAFT' if necessary, should be available for members as soon as possible after the AGM.

The Published Minutes for the 2020 AGM (available in the members area of the MMOC site) state
AGM 2019
Ray Newell advised the minutes of the 2019 AGM were available prior to the meeting via the MMOC website
So at what arbitrary point in time were these 'unapproved' 2019 Draft Minutes made available?
A month before, perhaps 3 or 6 months before?
The AGM is open to all members so the AGM Minutes should, as soon as possible, be made available to all members including those who were unable to attend.

There are multiple guides to 'Minutes' on the web, here's a couple of examples.

This is the Guidebook for local council Clerks...
https://www.bleadon.org.uk/media/other/ ... ooklet.pdf
"It is good practice for the clerk to make the minutes available for public inspection as soon as possible after the meeting. Prior to signing they can be labelled ‘draft minutes’. The availability of the minutes should be explained in the council’s publication scheme according to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. This Act ensures that documentation for which the council is responsible is accessible"

Or this Blog from an Australian Chap. Read his blog and then check out his qualifications which include
  • Graduate Diploma In Applied Corporate Governance – Governance Institute Of Australia
  • Qualified Company Secretary – Governance Institute And Institute Of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
https://davidprice.com/meeting-mastery- ... eting-agm/

His Blog concludes:
There is absolutely no reason why members should not have access to the minutes. If anyone suggests that they will not release the minutes then that’s the time to immediately start looking deeper as to what is being hidden from the membership. Start asking lots of questions!
Basil the 1955 series II

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Well said that man.

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Geobernie, may I suggest you take the matter up with Ray Newell, the Club Secretary?
I merely stated the practice adopted by the Club as I understand the situation, I am not an MMOC Club official.

I attended the AGM on Zoom, how many of the rest of you took the opportuntiy to participate in it? I hope the Club continues with it online, as it means that members from all over the UK and abroad can attend without having to travel many miles to what, for many, will be a distant venue.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Mary,
Wasn't my intention to make you feel picked on :wink:
I just stated the facts of the matter, that it is a widely held falsehood in many circles.
Basil the 1955 series II

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

No offence taken, Geobernie!