Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
acrobinson
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Charles Ware Resto in liquidation.

Post by acrobinson »

Oh dear! What next? :o

Just read that the restoration side of the business has been put into liquidation. Hopefully, it will be bought out and continue trading or it's the end of an era.

Apparently all well with parts and vehicle sales so that's helpful.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Charles Ware Resto in liquidation.

Post by geoberni »

Yes, I wondered what had been going on this past few weeks, rushing to launch a separate website for the Parts Division, despite it not being ready to go with all the relevant images attached.
The Creditors must've been knocking on the door, so a rapid asset separation was required to stop it all going down.
Basil the 1955 series II

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Scroll down to see the announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/charleswaresmo ... _tn__=kC-R

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

That is a shame, still I'm glad to see it partly survives and in that sense will continue to trade, just without the restoration side of the business.
It hasn't gone altogether.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Given that one has to login to Facebook to read the item, it's not much help if one does not have and does not want such an account :evil: What's wrong with an announcement in plain text on a normal website for everyone to read? :roll:
acrobinson
Minor Friendly

Post by acrobinson »

simmitc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:57 pm
Given that one has to login to Facebook to read the item, it's not much help if one does not have and does not want such an account :evil: What's wrong with an announcement in plain text on a normal website for everyone to read? :roll:
Here it is off FB:

https://www.morrisminor.org.uk/
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict

Post by MorrisJohn »

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that. What a shame, they were very good at what they did.

I’m told it looks like Zac sold the business in 2019 to a private investment company called Ecotec Enterprises. They put in a Gareth Hamer in as MD.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I’m told it looks like Zac sold the business in 2019 to a private investment company called Ecotec Enterprises. They put in a Gareth Hamer in as MD.
So it's no longer family run then. Shame.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

MorrisJohn wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:24 am Wow, I wasn’t expecting that. What a shame, they were very good at what they did.

They then split the business into 3 "different" businesses: The parts business, the repair/restoration business and the car sales business. It is the restoration business which is in liquidation seemingly. Great shame for the employees and for customers who will have relied on the company to enable them to run their Morris Minor. Maybe one or two employees will be able to salvage something and start up a repair/restoration business in the area to help local owners?