Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sam_h
MMOC Member: No

Looking for!

Post by Sam_h »

Hello all!
I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope I've put this in an acceptable thread.
I am currently searching for this Minor, reg 284HHX.

My grandad rebuilt the whole car when I was a child in the noughties, and I would love to know where it is/ what it looks like now.
According to DVLA it is taxed for this year, thus it's probably on the road.
Any info would be great, thank you!
IMG_1669~2.PNG
IMG_1669~2.PNG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 637 times
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Looking for!

Post by busguy »

284 HHX is still taxed, and the last DVLA V5 change was recent, 1st November 2021.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

The car is known to the club with an email address for the owner prior to any change this month. If you compose an enquiry and send it to the club office with a request that it be passed on, then the office will do just that for you. Whether you get a response from the possibly ex-owner will be up to them. Good luck with the search.
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

busguy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:18 am 284 HHX is still taxed, and the last DVLA V5 change was recent, 1st November 2021.
It's always good to hear that a Minor someone is enquiring after, still exists and is being used :D Looks like it hasn't been MOT'd for the last 10 years, but I don't suppose it needs to be.

It would be interesting to know if the 'Date of last V5C issued' shown on the DVLA website, indicates an actual keeper change or just a change of address.