Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Callum_97
MMOC Member: No

JVX 631C - Search for Morris Minor!

Post by Callum_97 »

**SEARCH FOR FATHERS OLD MORRIS MINOR**

Good Afternoon Members,

I have been in contact with the MMOC email address in the search for my Fathers old Morris Minor 1000 saloon, which was his first car aged 18 in 1984.

I have always been extremely interested in getting the car back into the family, and thought now was the time to start looking.

The very kind Lady from MMOC returned an email stating the car was last registered with a membership in 2008, which is too far back to retrieve membership details. The car also appears to be SORN on the DVLA website, but had a V5 issued in 2012, so its obviously still about.

Details of the car below:
Year: 1965
Model: Morris Minor Saloon
Colour: Almond Green

I have a few photos of the Morris Minor in my possession, that I would be happy to share.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone has any information regarding the car’s whereabouts, and to contact me if happy to do so.

I really appreciate your time in reading this, and I look forward to any replies/information,

Kindest regards,

Callum
(Stowmarket - Suffolk)
MCYorks
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: JVX 631C - Search for Morris Minor!

Post by MCYorks »

Hi Callum and welcome to the forum :D
Callum_97 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:07 pmThe very kind Lady from MMOC returned an email stating the car was last registered with a membership in 2008, which is too far back to retrieve membership details.
Pleased to hear the MMOC were kind enough to confirm the car was registered to a member back in 2008. It's a shame they couldn't retrieve any membership details. I can only assume this is because of increasingly strict data protection rules, essentially forcing organisations to destroy records after a period of time. Sadly, unless the situation changes I can only see it getting increasing difficult to research vehicle history in the future, as more records are deleted.
Callum_97 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:07 pmThe car also appears to be SORN on the DVLA website, but had a V5 issued in 2012, so its obviously still about.
This exposes one of the issues with the DVLA website... it doesn't tell you when it was SORN :-? . The last MOT expired on 25 May 2008. So, it could well have been continuously SORN and off the road since then. Unfortunately that's 13 years ago and sometimes people don't inform DVLA when a car has been broken up. I hope that's not the case and it's just temporarily off the road. Fingers crossed someone on here can shed some light on it's fate. Good luck with your search.
Callum_97

Post by Callum_97 »

Thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated!

I’m really hoping something comes to light, and that someone will be able to help!

Thanks again! I’ll keep my eyes peeled :D
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Maybe this is the way forward...

" · tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land "

Someone has abandoned .. "Details of the car below:
Year: 1965
Model: Morris Minor Saloon
Colour: Almond Green

" on my drive , the police have been informed but they state that it is a civil matter as on private land and pointed me in your direction , can you please furnish me with latest registered keeper so I can have it removed ?

John :D
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

MCYorks wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:02 am .... and sometimes people don't inform DVLA when a car has been broken up. I hope that's not the case and it's just temporarily off the road.
The DVLA records are full of ghosts, because scrapping of vehicles was so uncontrolled in the past.

This is the record for a Sky Blue Vauxhall Viva GLS that I purchased new in 1977, tax free for export as I had just started a 30 month tour in Germany with the RAF. At the end of my tour I imported it back to the UK and it's original Registration was reissued to it.

I sold it in the mid 80s. It seems that in the following few years it got repainted Red before disappearing.....

Of the few registration numbers of past vehicles I can remember over the past 40 years, the only one that actually comes up as not found is one that I personally delivered to a Breakers. All the ones I sold on as 'runners' are Ghost Vehicles, sitting there untaxed for decades.
Viva.JPG
Viva.JPG (101.31 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
Basil the 1955 series II

Callum_97

Post by Callum_97 »

The only thing that keeps me hoping it isn’t a ghost in the DVLA database, is the fact it’s logbook was issued in 2012! I know that’s 10 years ago now, but you’d like to think it hasn’t been scrapped in those years!

My 1975 Mini Clubman Estate Mk1 was in a garage since 1984, and I pulled that out last year! Still with the newspaper on the passenger seat and tax disc showing the same year! So I can only hope that the little Moggy is doing something similar!
Callum_97

Post by Callum_97 »

Still no luck unfortunately… some time after my first post.

I would still be very appreciative if people could still keep on eye out, or know of anymore information!

I’m also open to any ideas of how this could still be found with all the GDPR stuff in place!

Best wishes,

Callum
Tinasminor
Minor Friendly

Post by Tinasminor »

There are two or three MM groups on Facebook, maybe a couple of posts there may turn up something?
Steve.
Callum_97

Post by Callum_97 »

Thanks Steve, I will give that a try too :tu1: Desperate to find it!