Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Cuzza
MMOC Member: No

Newbie........go easy

Post by Cuzza »

Morning all

Just had my registration confirmed so this is my first post.

Nostalgia has got the better of me and I recently started a search to see if I could find my old Traveller.

I bought it when I first passed my test in 1986. An ex-miitary traveller from 1970, registered on a T-plate in 1978 as many were, and which I sold after only a year as I was moving to the US.

Pic of mine below. Sadly, it turns out that the DVLA have it recorded as scrapped in March 1997 :-(

To that end, the search for a replica starts here! I know that there a plenty of ex-military travellers about so if anyone knows of any for sale then please let me know. Ideally something useable that I can restore as and where necessary but I'll consider anything really. If something needed major restoration then I'd not rule it out.

Funny how nostalgia gets a hold of us doesn't it?

Fingers crossed for a lead

Jon
Attachments
traveller.jpg
traveller.jpg (208.31 KiB) Viewed 628 times
mikec4193
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Newbie........go easy

Post by mikec4193 »

Hi Cuzza

Glad you signed up...these guys are so helpful on here...I am a newbie as well...

Welcome to the orderly chaos....

MikeC
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Good luck in your search Jon. The Traveller remains a particularly distinctive, practical and popular car. Unfortunately perhaps, that also makes them quite sought after and valuable now. The cost of restoring one is also fairly high so you need to keep your eyes open if purchasing one for restoration as costs can soon escalate.
The usual rules apply: Buy the best one you can find for your cash, paying particular attention to the condition of the timber frame and the steel structure.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Welcome from another recent forum joiner and owner, good luck with your search for a traveller.
Regards Bill
Cuzza

Post by Cuzza »

Having never been very patient, I figured I could wait for ages for a an ex military traveller to turn up to my spec and budget so I've bought this:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (304.53 KiB) Viewed 432 times
More info over on the restoration projects thread ;-)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

More info over on the restoration projects thread ;-)
Link to 'restoration projects thread' below.
Best wishes,
Mike.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=74525
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)