Horn push

If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know

Moderator: Moderators

Murrayminor
Minor Friendly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Horn push

Postby Murrayminor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi
I'm after a horn push for my '65 2 door.
I'm not in a position to pay £50 for one so a grubby but complete one will suffice.
Regards
Dermot.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor

kennatt
Minor Legend
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 pm
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby kennatt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:00 pm

good luck with that,every second hand steering wheel I've seen had the horn push missing ,wish I had a dozen to put on e bay :o

BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:38 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby BrianHawley » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:48 pm

I’ve been looking for a perfect horn push forever.

The main vendors used to have reproduction ones, but they have all been out of stock for a long time.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.

MCminor11
Minor Friendly
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:11 pm
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby MCminor11 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi, I have one but in an an effort to tidy up for Christmas I’m not sure where it is! It is somewhere safe! I’ll look tomorrow. Just to make sure, it is just the central rounder with the M that you need? M

Murrayminor
Minor Friendly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby Murrayminor » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 am

MCminor11 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:57 pm
Hi, I have one but in an an effort to tidy up for Christmas I’m not sure where it is! It is somewhere safe! I’ll look tomorrow. Just to make sure, it is just the central rounder with the M that you need? M
No I need the complete item, I have the remains of the old one which someone obviously broke and simply wedged back into the wheel.
Once I took it out it came apart hence the need for a complete unit
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor

MCminor11
Minor Friendly
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:11 pm
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby MCminor11 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the info. M

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby ManyMinors » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Are these really that hard to find? I have never found anything I've needed for my Minors very difficult with so many Minor specialists around. Failing that, a quick google search of the part you need - "morris minor hornpush" seems to reveal several for sale........

BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:38 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby BrianHawley » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 am

ManyMinors wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Are these really that hard to find? I have never found anything I've needed for my Minors very difficult with so many Minor specialists around. Failing that, a quick google search of the part you need - "morris minor hornpush" seems to reveal several for sale........
That’s true. But it’s almost impossible to find a perfect one. The used ones always seem to have damage or deterioration to a greater or lesser degree. ESM used to sell a very nice reproduction but they have been out of stock for a long time.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby ManyMinors » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 am

I think a lot of parts specialists large and small have items in stock which they don't necessarily list on websites etc. I have found that visiting or telephoning and actually talking to people (remember that anyone?) often brings a response of "oh yes, I think we have one of those somewhere....."
Sometimes you do have to put yourself out a little. I have always found the parts I have needed with a little proper old fashioned searching and rare new/old stock parts are often held by old established businesses who may not have much internet presence.

omegaman100
Minor Friendly
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby omegaman100 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:35 am

I have one £30 plus £3.00 postage if you want it in real good condition

BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:38 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby BrianHawley » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:28 am

ManyMinors wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 am
I think a lot of parts specialists large and small have items in stock which they don't necessarily list on websites etc. I have found that visiting or telephoning and actually talking to people (remember that anyone?) often brings a response of "oh yes, I think we have one of those somewhere....."
Sometimes you do have to put yourself out a little. I have always found the parts I have needed with a little proper old fashioned searching and rare new/old stock parts are often held by old established businesses who may not have much internet presence.
I did phone several suppliers. They have them, but only used and nothing In perfect condition.

However after months of looking a rare unused old-new stock one just popped up on EBay and I snapped it up. Just the inner badge part, but that’s all I need.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.

omegaman100
Minor Friendly
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby omegaman100 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 am

I have several inner badge parts if any one else needs one

Murrayminor
Minor Friendly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby Murrayminor » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 pm

ManyMinors wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Are these really that hard to find? I have never found anything I've needed for my Minors very difficult with so many Minor specialists around. Failing that, a quick google search of the part you need - "morris minor hornpush" seems to reveal several for sale........
Finding items for sale is easy, finding items for sale that I'm prepared to pay good money for is another thing.
I have rang a number of specialists to be told they have them in stock but the prices are outrageous.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby ManyMinors » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 am

Murrayminor wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 pm
ManyMinors wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Are these really that hard to find? I have never found anything I've needed for my Minors very difficult with so many Minor specialists around. Failing that, a quick google search of the part you need - "morris minor hornpush" seems to reveal several for sale........
Finding items for sale is easy, finding items for sale that I'm prepared to pay good money for is another thing.
I have rang a number of specialists to be told they have them in stock but the prices are outrageous.
My quick google search took me just 2 minutes to find perfectly respectable, secondhand hornpushes for £20.00 Is that really so outrageous for an obsolete and needed classic car part?

Murrayminor
Minor Friendly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby Murrayminor » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:09 pm

ManyMinors wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 am
Murrayminor wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 pm
ManyMinors wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Are these really that hard to find? I have never found anything I've needed for my Minors very difficult with so many Minor specialists around. Failing that, a quick google search of the part you need - "morris minor hornpush" seems to reveal several for sale........
Finding items for sale is easy, finding items for sale that I'm prepared to pay good money for is another thing.
I have rang a number of specialists to be told they have them in stock but the prices are outrageous.
My quick google search took me just 2 minutes to find perfectly respectable, secondhand hornpushes for £20.00 Is that really so outrageous for an obsolete and needed classic car part?
Whoa hang on a minute, I became a member of this owners club and required a part so I thought asking in the wanted section of the vehicles owners club would yield some results.
I can buy what I want for a price that suits me, If I can give my money to a fellow owner I will.
Just because you are a dab hand at Google searching and I seemingly cannot doesn't give you the right to tell me what to buy.
For information I have now bought a horn push from a forum member without the assistance of Google!!
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby ManyMinors » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Sorry if you are offended. I wasn't "telling you what to buy". It was only a simple suggestion to help you find what you were looking for at a lower price. Other members also commented that they are looking for the same part. The only member who seemed able to offer one suggested a price of £30.00 didn't he - and you seemed keen to save money if possible.
Actually I have only the most basic ability on a computer. There is honestly nothing simpler than typing a requirement into a search engine is there? Google is the just the one I use most and it saves a great deal of time.
Happy hunting though.

Murrayminor
Minor Friendly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Horn push

Postby Murrayminor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Its all water under the bridge now.
No offence taken.
I have a horn push now thanks.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor

omegaman100
Minor Friendly
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 am
MMOC Member: No

Re: Horn push

Postby omegaman100 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Glad it turned up ok for you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest