PICK UP TUB PANELS

If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know
ptanner2611
MMOC Member: No

PICK UP TUB PANELS

Postby ptanner2611 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi all ,

I am restoring a 1968 pick up and require panels to make the tub , sides , tail gate . Anything considered . Please message me if you can assist.

Thanks in advance ,

Paul

MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly

Re: PICK UP TUB PANELS

Postby MattsGPOvan » Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm

I think you can buy it all new now... Tailgates were hand made ask Russ Harvey.

Looking like a big commitment.

ptanner2611

Postby ptanner2611 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 am

Hi,

I did see these at the NEC last year and they do look very good. The only concern is that they do not have the top flange and return that are on the Pick UP..... they are really lower Van panels but will work with some additional work. My concern is that my fabrication skills are not adequate to build the Top flange and return and have it look perfect. So hence the post . If I could obtain / recover some used top flanges then welding to sides like the ones you suggested the a new side is a possibility.

Appreciate the suggestion but like you said it a big money investment so looking at all the options and hoping there is some one out there with some rusty sides that I could recovery...…..

A second question ….Can anyone recommend a good fabricator that would be able to fabricate the top flange to the sides that are shown below ?

Thanks ,

Paul

stuffedpike20
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby stuffedpike20 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 pm

I am not sure if I am allowed to say, and I may be speaking out of turn; but Fairmile Restorations comes to mind. Very helpful to me when my tailgate was stolen last year. I think the number is 07971424396.

I believe Henrics used to make and sell the top panels because quite a few vans were made into pickups in the past, probably because the guttering on the vans rotted. I have no idea if any top panels are available anywhere now though.
Last edited by stuffedpike20 on Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuffedpike20
Minor Fan

Postby stuffedpike20 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:24 pm

There is a tailgate for sale on ebay at the moment. It is not too far gone to be restored, and has the hinges which is a bonus because they are about £30 each new.

There is another tailgate on ebay for sale under 'pickup rear door'. It has been on and off over the past year at different prices for some reason.

MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly

Postby MattsGPOvan » Tue May 26, 2020 6:09 pm

ptanner2611 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 am
Hi,

I did see these at the NEC last year and they do look very good. The only concern is that they do not have the top flange and return that are on the Pick UP..... they are really lower Van panels but will work with some additional work. My concern is that my fabrication skills are not adequate to build the Top flange and return and have it look perfect. So hence the post . If I could obtain / recover some used top flanges then welding to sides like the ones you
suggested the a new side is a possibility.

Appreciate the suggestion but like you said it a big money investment so looking at all the options and hoping there is some one out there with some rusty sides that I could recovery...…..

A second question ….Can anyone recommend a good fabricator that would be able to fabricate the top flange to the sides that are shown below ?

Thanks ,

Paul
Hi Paul , l do this for a living.... Precision panel Craft... in Ninfield, East Sussex.

les
Minor Maniac

Postby les » Tue May 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Years ago my dad had a tailgate being used as a shelf at his place of work. How things change. £300 for a beaten up shelf now !

Chester2
Minor Friendly

Postby Chester2 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:44 pm

If u still need a tailgate contact steve 07981 734569.