Early series 2 front wings (1954)

If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Early series 2 front wings (1954)

Postby jagnut66 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi,
I have taken my front wings off to find they follow the trend for the generous usage of fibre glass and other fillers that I have found previously at the rear and, as a result, are doing a very good impression of lacework. :(
The passenger side is beyond saving and the drivers side, a later replacement anyway, looks to be in a similar state.
So I was hoping someone out there may have a pair of series 2 front wings that are in good condition or repairable, that they would be willing to sell to me.
My car dates to 1954 and has the cheesegrater grill.
Many thanks in advance to anyone who help with this.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2 on axle stands needing more welding......

Garyjohndavies
Minor Fan

Re: Early series 2 front wings (1954)

Postby Garyjohndavies » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Have a later wing ,passenger side which is quite solid ,very repairable . Worst thing is wing mirror hole plus Ariel hole .
Have a later offside wing on my 52 Split screen ,which is very obvious ,with the front panel off ,but you wouldn’t know when it’s fitted .
Want £65 for it , can get some photographs over if it’s of interest .

Gary

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: Early series 2 front wings (1954)

Postby jagnut66 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm

Have a later wing ,passenger side which is quite solid ,very repairable . Worst thing is wing mirror hole plus Ariel hole .
Have a later offside wing on my 52 Split screen ,which is very obvious ,with the front panel off ,but you wouldn’t know when it’s fitted .
Want £65 for it , can get some photographs over if it’s of interest .
Thanks Gary, I've already conceded to myself that I will have to go down this route and weld metal patches in the indicator holes.
Wing mirror holes are fine, as I'd rather like to keep my period wing mirrors and I had an aerial hole to fill on the original wing, so no issues there.
I have already purchased a pair of later wings off eBay but contact with the seller is intermittent, so I'm getting a bit concerned.
If I end up having to seek a refund (one advantage of PayPal), then I will get in touch.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2 on axle stands needing more welding......