Lower B Post Trims for a Traveller

If you need something, try asking for it here - you never know
Bubblemechanic
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Lower B Post Trims for a Traveller

Postby Bubblemechanic » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:50 am

I am looking for a pair of Lower B Post Trims for my Traveller I have lost my originals or if there is only one that I could use for a pattern.
Cheers guy's my contact number is 07902 456291 or you could Email me at paulmansell65@hotmail.com

taupe
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Lower B Post Trims for a Traveller

Postby taupe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Was yours the type with the large armrest or small type...also de luxe or standard?

You can buy large sheets of Millboard from Woolies trim but you will need to find vinyl to match and the wooden armrest parts...

Newton do them but expensive!

https://newtoncomm.co.uk/collections/mo ... 1498359432

I have a couple of earlier circa 63 cards here (Bucks) if you can travel to make a pattern..

Taupe

ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Postby ManyMinors » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Is he not asking about the trim covering the lower part of the B post - below the wood trim - as opposed to the quarter panel itself which you have shown in your link?
The OP does not state the year of his car but to my knowledge this area - immediately beneath the seatbelt mounting - was trimmed on later Travellers (from 1963ish onwards??) but left in painted metal prior to that.

taupe
Minor Legend

Postby taupe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:05 am

Im sure you are correct.....I had it in mind that it was a flap of vinyl like on the A post cards....

As you say I think earlier cars may have been just painted...

This looks like the later arrangement..a strip of vinyl glued in place at the rear and held at the front under the door seal clips ...I think the glue has come loose on this one...

There is nothing shown in the parts book...
B post trim.jpeg
B post trim.jpeg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 57 times

Taupe