Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

dizzy info

Post by win »

Thanks for all the previous general info.

Whats the differance between 25D and 45D dizzys,

I obtained a ALDON electronic ignition, cheap, for a 45D, it fits my 1098 and appears to work ok.

If you set the static timing at 5 degrees BTDC what would expect the strobe timing to be at tick over, and what advance you would expect at max revs.

See pic of mod to timing marks, makes it easier to see, I had to remove the fan blade, I could not stand the noise of it hitting my fingers.
You have to get very near with my strobe as its nearley as old as the car, works best in low light, pardon the pun<br>Image<br>
South Yorkshire
MarkyB
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by MarkyB »

Did you use a piece of threaded rod an a few nuts to mount it?
I need to do something similar as I can barely get my head in a position to see the timing marks since I fitted an anti roll bar.
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Post by mike.perry »

Can't see the timing mark at all with the water pump fitted on my Series MM.
[sig]3580[/sig]
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by win »

I removed the existing cover set screw, and fitted a 5/16" UNF x 2" set screw from behind, and then fitted a nut and spring washer to secure the cover, long series socket helps. then just used 2 nuts and washers to secure the flat bar. Bend up the end of the flat bar to follow the radius of the pulley.
South Yorkshire
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

Got to be the answer! Since the eyes went a bit downhill, I find it very difficult to look at anything "standing on my head", as the glasses fall off with gravity :-? Having said that, once the engine is running I go more by ear than degrees. But that position will be great for checking the auto advance with a strobe, must do soon(add to longgggg list of "to-do's"!)