Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
namass1
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Indicator switch

Post by namass1 »

Hi, I have a 1951 4 door and I have an issue with the indicator switch.It works perfectly, but the point is, where should the switch be? I have read that it ought to be on the dash somewhere, but mine is situated on the right side of the parcel shelf.I would like to get it right, so can someone help, please?
ajay
Minor Friendly

Re: Indicator switch

Post by ajay »

The series MM models were on the right side of the parcel shelf in an awkward place to reach.
jfs52e
Minor Friendly

Post by jfs52e »

My '56 series2 also has the switch on the right hand side parcel shelf :)
Humpty. 1956 2 door deluxe
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

An MM 4dr would be a self cancelling switch fitted through the underside of the dashboard to the right of the steering column so that the white bakelite lever points out towards the driver and the main body of the switch, which is quite bulky is up behind the instrument panel next to the door. Bit of a luxury thing on the 4drs as 2dr saloons and convertibles had a non self cancelling switch bolted to a little bracket on the bottom flange of the dash inthe same area - far right (assuming RHD car) but with the whole switch on view as it has a little red warning light in the boss.
Hope that makes sense, hopefully someone will post a pic!
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!