Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Post by Kevin »

No further comment :wink:
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
uclarge
Minor Friendly

Post by uclarge »

haha, its funny 2 c sumtimes when a question is posted then answered every1 else will contradict or question the views of a nuther member! its just so funny to read!:) id never install nav/dvd in my car as itd drain th batt compleltely flat! i just cant help but love my music! heH, +CD PLAYERS GIV BETTER SOUND QUALITY THAN TAPE PLAYERS! heh! thanx for your answers to my question guys/girls! :D charly
>Charly, 20yrs Chichester.
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

haha, its funny 2 c sumtimes when a question is posted then answered every1 else will contradict or question the views of a nuther member!
All part of life's great tapestry :lol:
Cam

Post by Cam »

uclarge wrote:haha, its funny 2 c sumtimes when a question is posted then answered every1 else will contradict or question the views of a nuther member! its just so funny to read!:)
Yep, that's what debate and having an opinion is all about!!! :lol:
id never install nav/dvd in my car as itd drain th batt compleltely flat! i just cant help but love my music!
Well nav/dvd won't drain the system anywhere near as much as your planned ICE!!! :wink:
heH, +CD PLAYERS GIV BETTER SOUND QUALITY THAN TAPE PLAYERS! heh! thanx for your answers to my question guys/girls! :D charly
I would agree with that, but it depends on the installation/quality of the other parts. I have heard CD player installations sounding much worse than a decent tape set up!!

Besides which, if you get old and loose the HF part of your hearing then tapes won't sound so bad as they are bandlimited to about 8k! :lol:
uclarge
Minor Friendly

Post by uclarge »

aaah! fair enuf, im only 18 so itll be a while before i reach that age (hopefully?) :D :) i no my ice will drain the systm note the idea of using two batterys! heh, charly
>Charly, 20yrs Chichester.
wanderinstar
Minor Addict

Post by wanderinstar »

Bigginger,
Its not just you. My computer must have the same ghost.

I couldn,t see where you got Cams quote from and Cams next message seemed to be written by you.

Wanderinstar.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Hmmm... Looks like my poltergeist has made it up the electric string to a server somewhere then!
a
Cam

Post by Cam »

bigginger wrote:Looks like my poltergeist has made it up the electric string to a server somewhere then!

You're all gonna die!! :lol: :lol: Classic! :wink:
lowedb
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by lowedb »

Sooner or later your car will know which roads have jams/accidents and the car will make live chages to your route planner,
There's a few cars out there already that do. They get the information from the FM radio station and the information comes from a variety of places. You can also buy receivers that go with your PDA to do the same thing.
Great, so that means that some poor bods have to come up with mobile technology to cope with an internet connection/general fast data transfer while moving around in a harsh mobile environment with motorway fading and doppler effects!
There's been so many attempts to get round this, and nothing much has worked. At one time someone had the idea of mixing low and high bandwidth environments, so you'd order your download then pull up at a 'download filling station' Surely it's as easy, and cheaper to stop at the shop and buy a DVD. 3G phones were supposed to help but I still don't think the data rate is high enough, afetr all a lot of people won't even accept 56k these days.
Hello from Audrey, Beast, Tara, Robin, and of course Mog.

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/b12225ef.jpg[/img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/553409b1.jpg[/img]
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

At one time someone had the idea of mixing low and high bandwidth environments, so you'd order your download then pull up at a 'download filling station'
Well they've thought about it again with the WiFi hotspots...
Long live the Dacia!!!:lol: (eastern European 'low technology' car)
Cam

Post by Cam »

There's been so many attempts to get round this, and nothing much has worked. At one time someone had the idea of mixing low and high bandwidth environments, so you'd order your download then pull up at a 'download filling station' Surely it's as easy, and cheaper to stop at the shop and buy a DVD. 3G phones were supposed to help but I still don't think the data rate is high enough, afetr all a lot of people won't even accept 56k these days.
Well there are plenty of ideas that should work for 4G and beyond (what I am working on), BUT most of the schemes (space-time coding, equalisation etc) require accurate channel state information estimates. In the real world this is difficult to obtain so that will be the limiting factor. Especially tracking a rapidly changing channel.

Bandwidth is not too much of a concern though as large antenna arrays using spatial diversity / space-time coding can produce the data rates required. I think the 3G single antenna specs are about 960kbps max but future generations are over 2Mbps.....
Carty
Minor Friendly

Re: Spare battery!

Post by Carty »

Hope you dont mind me reserecting this old thread. I'm renovating my '64 salon to use as my dailey drive and was thinking about Infotainment systems. Has anyone fitted one and if so how does it work? Any power issues. Which system did you go for.
Appologies if this has been covered.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I first had to look up what infotainment meant before I could even consider the question :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infotainment

A multi channel radio with traffic report capability plus CD player and a plug in Sat Nav suits me well. Anything else is too complicated.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Old thread yes, 15 years old ! Wonder what happened to rayoflemington, cam, bigginger etc. Don’t hear a thing from them now. Well actually, cam was here not that long ago.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

What is the point in an Infotainment system, or more accurately I suppose, ICE 'In-car entertainment', for a Minor. :-? :-?
These systems are designed into the car, to include voice control of radio, phone etc.
So I don't think whatever you're considering for the Minor would really count as ICE.

Quite frankly, many integrated ICE systems do so much, they are getting to be a distraction.
It works in an airliner because different functions are required for different stages of the flight, but a car journey requires many more overlapping interactions.

There is already some speculation that certain top end models with touch screens are crashing because drivers spend too long farting around on the screens, instead of driving their ruddy vehicle!

But as this old post is supposed to be about Batteries, I would suggest that a good place to start is measure the battery shelf and see what the largest physical size is that can be accommodated, and then see what APH those dimensions will suit. Then you'll know what you can install.
Basil the 1955 series II

oliver90owner
Minor Legend

Post by oliver90owner »

les wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:16 pm Old thread yes, 15 years old ! Wonder what happened to rayoflemington, cam, bigginger etc. Don’t hear a thing from them now. Well actually, cam was here not that long ago.
If that interested, you could search for the last post of the member or time last active - rayoflemington was last active Jan 06 two 2018, for instance...
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes, I know of that facility.

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Quite a few of us older posters are still around but are possibly more active on the Facebook page.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes, you could well be right, I’m sure Facebook is why the Morris lcv register is dying a slow death.