Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
raseys
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Hazards

Post by raseys »

Yeah I know its been covered before but has anyone fitted the bull motif kit before and is it easy to fit aka easy so that someone with like no knowledge of electrics can fit it.
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Hazards

Post by mogbob »

The Kit a Lucas SFB300 is a pretty much a universal Classic Car after market fitment.
See link for fitting instructions :-
https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/m/hel ... 20KIT.pdf It's from Vintage Car Parts.
You're going to need wire strippers , electrical terminals / bullet connectors and the relevant crimpers , the odd cable tie to keep the cables tidy.
I'd put a call into Bull Motif to check instructions come with the kit and what other terminals / connectors are supplied as standard.

If your car electrical knowledge is zero , you might want to persuade another Classic Car owner to " Hand hold " and loan you wire strippers and relevant crimpers for non insulated Lucar terminals or bullet connectors ( depending what your car has ... not all cars are still standard after 50 odd years ).
Other options employ a garage or local Auto Electrician to fit it for you. It's your call.

You can put a "plea for help / assistance " on the Forum. DON'T quote your home address / telephone number just the nearest big town so people know roughly where you are. There is a private messaging service on this Forum where you can exchange details between the two of you ( which is not shown to every one on the net ).
Bob
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Good advice I think! By the way,our local auto electrician is £30 an hour,plus vat, and sorts jobs out so quickly that it's hard to believe.
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

mogbob wrote:The Kit a Lucas SFB300 is a pretty much a universal Classic Car after market fitment.
See link for fitting instructions :-
https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/m/hel ... 20KIT.pdf It's from Vintage Car Parts.
You're going to need wire strippers , electrical terminals / bullet connectors and the relevant crimpers , the odd cable tie to keep the cables tidy.
I'd put a call into Bull Motif to check instructions come with the kit and what other terminals / connectors are supplied as standard.

If your car electrical knowledge is zero , you might want to persuade another Classic Car owner to " Hand hold " and loan you wire strippers and relevant crimpers for non insulated Lucar terminals or bullet connectors ( depending what your car has ... not all cars are still standard after 50 odd years ).
Other options employ a garage or local Auto Electrician to fit it for you. It's your call.

You can put a "plea for help / assistance " on the Forum. DON'T quote your home address / telephone number just the nearest big town so people know roughly where you are. There is a private messaging service on this Forum where you can exchange details between the two of you ( which is not shown to every one on the net ).
Bob
My 'Post Of The Week' :D :D
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
raseys
Minor Friendly

Post by raseys »

Thanks for the ideas one last question hopefully does the car need to be pos or neg earth
mogbob
Minor Legend

Post by mogbob »

The instructions from Holden Vintage and Classic say suitable for both positive and negative earthed cars... but I'd double check with the supplier.
Keep the questions coming and " apologies " I didn't say" welcome to the Forum " earlier. I'm just going to start writing out 100 lines....
I must not forget ...
Bob
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

here is mine a genuine OS Lucas.......along with a recently added temp gauge
WP_20180326_16_28_29_Pro copy.jpg
WP_20180326_16_28_29_Pro copy.jpg (320.65 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

And you've also somehow managed to convert one of your gloveboxes into an oven for baking bread! :o
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

myoldjalopy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm And you've also somehow managed to convert one of your gloveboxes into an oven for baking bread! :o
:lol: :lol:
RussLCV
Minor Legend

Post by RussLCV »

GRP glove-box liners
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk