Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
raseys
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Car audio

Post by raseys »

hi guys and girls,

has anyone got a list of things they used to put a sub/amp and speakers into their moggy. obviously ill be converting to alternator. I also already have a neg earth car. also any ideas on where to put the speakers. I have thought about on the shelf behind the back seats as I don't mind them being on show just wondered what size speakers I would need.

Many Thanks

Seth
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Re: Car audio

Post by Monty-4 »

My solution is as follows but I'm sure there are a lot of different options around!

I have a cheap but usefully slim/flat amplifier hidden under the rear bench seat and some kind-of-period Lucas "LS462" parcel shelf speakers that I find actually sound better placed under the front seats. My favourite part is the bluetooth reciever running off a cigarette lighter power source so I can play wirelessly and avoid cables running all over the place as everything else is run under the carpets. The amp is powered by a permanent live connection coming off the starter solenoid, through a second fuse-box (of the original style), and a switch mounted under the dash.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
raseys
Minor Friendly

Post by raseys »

hi,
that sounds top notch! have you got a list of the names of the products you used and the types of wires you used.
thanks
Seth
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

It's an 'Auna Dark Star series' amp, 'Lucas LS462' speakers as I said, the bluetooth unit is an 'Anker Soundsync'. For wiring I'm a complete sucker for Autospark's braided cables (https://www.autosparks.co.uk/electrical ... aided.html), 17 amp I think.

I stress that other and potentially better options may be availble. There are period and period-style traditional audio head-units such as the 'RetroSound' systems. I've seen a fair few where people have put said head-units in one of the glove-boxes.

+ the usual disclaimers about knowing what you're doing with electrics and staying safe, I've had a couple of melty/smokey incidents.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.