Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Petrol Pump Feed

Post by myoldjalopy »

Can anyone confirm that the petrol pump feed comes directly from the loom, rather than any connectors? It appears to be the case but I can't see properly without pulling the glovebox out....
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Petrol Pump Feed

Post by mogbob »

Yes it comes out of a branch of the main loom. White wire from the ignition switch , via the fuse box , via the
underside of the fascia popping out into the engine bay. It should terminate with a " ring connector " that sits on the pump terminal , secured by a plastic knob.

The other white wire , from the fuse box junction , is the " supply " to the coil ( LT ) , leading onto the distributor ( LT ).
I've no idea what you're in the process of doing but if you remove the ring connector end from the pump , attach a multimeter set to Volts DC , red wire to the ring connector and the black lead to a good earth you should see
Battery voltage on the meter , circa 12.6 /12.7 volts. That is with the ignition switched on. Switch it off as soon as
you've tested otherwise if you forget , you might "cook " the coil.

If you get no reading you'll need to back track the white wire supply.
Bob
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

Hi Bob,
Thanks - as I suspected. What I'm doing? Well, its a secret! That will give you a clue. :wink: If you or anyone else has any advice on this, please send me a PM.
Thanks,
Pete
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by mogbob »

Pete
PM sent.
Bob