Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
deaf dog
MMOC Member: No

indicator help please .

Post by deaf dog »

this is driving me nutt,s ..
have ditched the LED indicator idea and would like to go back to bulb,s ,i have all the new part,s but forgot to take a picture of how she was wired up before i went at it...
so it,s a 62 moggy and some one has gone at the wiring before my self now it was working apart from 1 blown bulb..
i have had to change the indicators as they were just hanging on ..
a new indicator stalk as well <diffrent wiring colours to my old one>

new horn button as well .new relay like the old one <i have not tried to wire it up as ive read doing it incorrectly will bugger it up>
IMG_20190629_194049.jpg
IMG_20190629_194049.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 2302 times
solid green wire <far left>is live
purple/move is live
green and red -?
green and white is live /
the next green and white <far right of picture>is coming from the driver,s side up over the window ?heading toward,s the back of the car ?
IMG_20190629_194049.jpg
IMG_20190629_194049.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 2302 times
new wiring loom from steering coloum .

black earth
brown and black
dark green
green and white
green and tracer brown/red <eye,s arnt that great>
green and thick red ..
IMG_20190629_194451.jpg
IMG_20190629_194451.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 2302 times
flasher unit
a
P center
L...right
X...on the left ..

could some one explain step by step what wire goes to what ....im getting the dog big time with this moggy ...
Attachments
IMG_20190629_194224.jpg
IMG_20190629_194224.jpg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 2302 times
deaf dog

Re: indicator help please .

Post by deaf dog »

we have a 65 moggy as well ,you would think it would be just a case of monkey see monkey do,,,but it,s wired up very different and different wire colours ..it has 2 black earth wires attached at the bottom of the indicator relay.Image
IMG_20190628_192317.jpg
IMG_20190628_192317.jpg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 2299 times
Attachments
IMG_20190628_145205.jpg
IMG_20190628_145205.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 2299 times
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

As far as possible, just follow the wiring diagram in the book. Green is probablyu feed for indcators from flasher - should be green/brown. Green/red goes to LH indicators. Green/white goes to RH indicators. The wiring harness will have natching wires. The purple is live from the horn - earth return is provided via the horn push. Try thos connections and check thta they work, then see what's left. Good luck.
beero
Minor Legend

Post by beero »

Mine is a 62 and it had the old style relay that used to flash the sidelights so your system wiring, like mine, may be something that a previous owner has developed, having changed to newer style rear and front lights with amber indicators. Unless they used a later loom they may not have used the standard wire colours either, I know they hadn't on my car. Do you have a meter and are you handy with it? Will you be able to tap out the individual wires to trace where they go? If you can then you will have to connect them up similar to the later cars with amber indicators. Good luck, it took me a while to fathom it out on my car and I am competent with car electrics. If you need an early and a later wiring diagram then message me and I will send you a copy. John

IslipMinor
Minor Legend

Post by IslipMinor »

Where are you based? Help might be just round the corner!
Richard

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Hopefully these might help...
P1.JPG
P1.JPG (153.27 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
P2.JPG
P2.JPG (179.86 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
P3.JPG
P3.JPG (187.62 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

IslipMinor wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am Where are you based? Help might be just round the corner!
I do think it's about time we had Locations...

John :-?
IslipMinor
Minor Legend

Post by IslipMinor »

We used to, but presumably cannot now because of DATA protection!! YES please let's have location back BY DEFAULT, and let a member OPT OUT if they want to, NOT OPT IN.

Moderators - please respond.
Richard

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I think that locations stopped appearing after the infamous upgrade. It "should" be a simple setting, I'll draw your comments to Mike's attention.
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

IslipMinor wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:02 pm We used to, but presumably cannot now because of DATA protection!! YES please let's have location back BY DEFAULT, and let a member OPT OUT if they want to, NOT OPT IN.

Moderators - please respond.
:o :D :o For the more cautious among you, fear not - there'll not be any 'opt out' location fields. The board did at one stage have a location field but I don't think we'll be bringing that back - the board software was written long before data protection legislation was dreamed of, let alone GDPR. And while I'd love it to be as simple as opt-in/opt-out, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way and could easily present an additional data requirement on the club that it doesn't currently have. By all means ask someone their location, and if they choose to answer your question either publicly or privately by PM, that is entirely up to them
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
deaf dog

Post by deaf dog »

sorry for the late reply ,computer crashed...
thank,s for the diagram i will give that a go and see if i can fix this ...
i,m toying with the idea of a complete wiring loom replacement <i have a garden art/spare,s project that i can rob from,with indicator,s fitted>

as for location i,m in Tipperary and yes it,s a long way ..
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

OK, so a bit off topic when this is supposed to be about Indicators, but so many people/organisations are confused about GDPR, it's keeping a lot of people busy chasing their own tails.

Looking at the Privacy Policy of the MMOC, I can't see any mention of collecting IP addresses for example. In fact there doesn't appear to be an section of the Policy relating to the Forums/Message Board, only the data collected about Club Membership at the office........Ummm...

However, the H&S Website/Forums that I use regularly has loads of privacy info. https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk/privacy-policy

Oh, and yes, it is optional info for the forum members to show their location... :wink:
We collect the following information from registered users of our Discussion Forums:

Upon first registration - your username; email address; a non-readable encrypted version of your password; your Internet Protocol (IP) address
Optional user added profile information viewable in the public domain - your age by year, not day/month; your social networking sites - Twitter, Facebook, Blog, LinkedIn, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Google+, YouTube channel; your industry sector; your interests; your occupation; your location
Time and date of first registration
Time and date of the last time you are active on the forums
Any custom avatar / profile image you upload
Basil the 1955 series II

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

geoberni wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:45 pm OK, so a bit off topic when this is supposed to be about Indicators,
You're right, it is. Let's keep the thread to the original topic please.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster