Which coil to buy?

Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
hornet964
MMOC Member: Yes

Which coil to buy?

Post by hornet964 »

I need to replace the coil. I have a standard 1098 engine with Luminition ignition mod. Searching back on the board I see some less positive comment on the current supply of Lucas coils, and one supplier notes the 'sport' version is not compatible with electronic ignition. I see Wares (amongst others) supply a Bosch coil instead. Does anyone have experience of that coil and know if it is compatible with electronic ignition? Thanks...
paul 300358
Minor Fan

Re: Which coil to buy?

Post by paul 300358 »

Have a look at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-WI ... Swi2tbnTnZ Also, if you search his shop he has a couple of other new old stock coils. The one shown has a ballast resistor.
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

hornet964 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:35 pmI see Wares (amongst others) supply a Bosch coil instead. Does anyone have experience of that coil and know if it is compatible with electronic ignition? Thanks...
The blue Bosch coil is compatible with the Luminition magnetronic igntion and seems to be reliable. Swiftune use it on their historic race engines, if it’s good enough for a £20k A series...
hornet964

Post by hornet964 »

Thanks guys, helpful responses. I've gone for Bosch - seemed the good deal at £17 delivered. But the ebay shop in Paul's post is a proper treasure trove.....!