Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
hammersmith
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Faulty indicator stalk/ arm

Post by hammersmith »

Hi
I have the above item on my 1957 Morris this one has the horn included. When using the indicator to turn going right it fails to work, but if I pull it up it operates. Turning left is ok.
Can anyone point in the right direction as to what to look for when I take it apart. Luckily my trafficators still work on a separate switch.

I have tried searching the message board but can’t find if there is a similar question.

Many thanks.
Mike.
mogbob
Minor Legend

Re: Faulty indicator stalk/ arm

Post by mogbob »

Mike
This link , with pictures , might give you a heads up on where to start looking.
A number of possibilities , general dirt lack of electrical contact , broken or mis aligned parts / small springs.
Fingers crossed your indicator is fixable. It's always worth a go before you have to grab the plastic card.
https://www.morrisminorforum.com/forum/ ... ling.4119/
Good luck with it.
bob
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Sleeper »

The only problem is that , the original post/problem ( on this forum , and maybe on the other forum ) is with the earlier indicator unit , which is not self-cancelling and is totally different from the later unit as shown in the photos...

" Luckily my trafficators still work on a separate switch. " ?

John ;-)
hammersmith
Minor Friendly

Post by hammersmith »

Hi,
Many thanks for replies to my problem. I will have to see if I get to the bottom of the problem.
Thanks again
Mike.