Ignition ,oil and main beam
but where is the 4th light for
its located between the 80 and 90 mile
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Speedo meter question light

Post by philthehill »

I suspect that you are referring to the blocked oil filter light. There is a switch on the filter head that activates when the oil filter element is so dirty that oil has a hard time to pass through. The switch then lights up the bulb in the speedo face and tells you that it is time to change the oil filter. Not all Morris Minors had the blocked oil filter switch.
Here is a similar filter head with switch switch for sale on 'e' bay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165154313759 ... Sw51dhet9o

Gerard1234
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Gerard1234 »

I don’t have that switch but thanks for the answer now I know where the light is for
I first thought that it was a warning light if you turn on the lights of the car
In fact I am missing that light on the Morris

philthehill wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:06 pm I suspect that you are referring to the blocked oil filter light. There is a switch on the filter head that activates when the oil filter element is so dirty that oil has a hard time to pass through. The switch then lights up the bulb in the speedo face and tells you that it is time to change the oil filter. Not all Morris Minors had the blocked oil filter switch.
Here is a similar filter head with switch switch for sale on 'e' bay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165154313759 ... Sw51dhet9o
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

There is no warning light for the car lights on the Morris Minor. The speedo lights will illuminate the speedo when you turn the lights on, but there is no specific 'warning light', unless you mean the one to indicate full beam?
Gerard1234
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Gerard1234 »

I know the blue light is for the main beam
It would be easier when there is also a smart light for the normal lightning but there isn’t so I think I will connect it to the oil filter light because I don’t have the connector on the oil filter
myoldjalopy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:51 am There is no warning light for the car lights on the Morris Minor. The speedo lights will illuminate the speedo when you turn the lights on, but there is no specific 'warning light', unless you mean the one to indicate full beam?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Gerard1234 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:55 am
It would be easier when there is also a smart light for the normal lightning but there isn’t so ...
About 40 years too early for such a light. They only really became necessary when designers started using permanent illumination of Instrument lights. before that, if your Dash Lights were on, at least your sidelights were on.

I detest the permanently lit dash concept; it's responsible for so many drivers driving around lit streets with no lights on, including lit A roads. :evil:
Basil the 1955 series II