Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
minor_hickup
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Brake Light Switches

Post by minor_hickup »

I've been having huge troubles with brake light switches. They seem to last 2 thousand miles. I've had 4 or 5 in the last year, despite my local Morris suplier changing their supplier. However I have found a motorfactors close to me that will supply a brake light switch made by Quinton Hazel, the same as those fitted to Series Land Rovers. The chap in there is an incredibly helpful bloke and he can source all sorts of stuff for minors and even supplies fliters and other things for a major Morris Supplier.

The motorfactors is Lenco of Tunbridge Wells: 01892 546811, they will mail order stuff apparently.
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

nice one, thanks mh 8)
Blackcap145

Re: Brake Light Switches

Post by Blackcap145 »

es. I've had 4 or 5 in the last year, despite my local Morris suplier changing their supplier. However I have found a motorfactors close to me that will supply a brake light switch made by Quinton Hazel, the same as those fitted to Series Land Rovers...??
Last edited by Blackcap145 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fezwig
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by fezwig »

Had this problem last year, raised it on another thread and got one from this supplier http://www.autoelectricalspares.co.uk/l ... -158-p.asp
you'll notice the terminal molding is different from the ones that fail. mines being on since Jan 14 and still going strong and it's in daily use
Pete

nwxh
Minor Fan

Post by nwxh »

Does that (previous post) fit the original brake unions correctly or was it forced in? I ordered one and it becomes very stiff after four turns?
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

That is correct. The thread on a original and genuine brake light switch is tapered.
I have just tried a genuine and original Minor brake light switch (Pt No: 13H2303) in the 5 way union (Pt No: AAA424) and it gets stiff after 4 turns with threads of the brake switch still showing. Fully tightening will take it a bit further into the 5 way union.