Marina and Ital parts

Got any hints or tips? Share them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Marina and Ital parts

Postby Kevin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:38 pm

After a bit of discussion with Marina Owners Club :D I have decided to create this posting for both clubs mutual benifit.
If one of our club members is trying to get hold of an engine,disc brake,axle or wheels etc from either a Marina or Ital they sometimes have members that may have the spares required that they are willing to sell.
Also it would be appreciated that if one of our members comes across a cheap doner car that they have purchased, rather than just take the bits and scrap the rest it should be offered to the Marina Owners Club as they may have a member with the bits you need and may be prepared to do a straight swop, so that the car is saved and you get the parts without having to dismantle the car therefore doing both the clubs a service.
So please bear this in mind as the Marina - Ital cars are becoming rather thin on the ground and we are when all said and done all part of the BMC family 8)
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller
http://morris-minor-conversions.co.uk
Herts Branch Contact
Moderator MMOC 44706

eloues

Postby eloues » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks Kevin.

Well you can see who i am from my sig.
Ther are cars in the club that can not be saved, having said that ther parts can save others, INC reclamed body pannels.

Last year i GAVE a roof pannel to a chap that could not get one, his minor is now on the road after being off for 20 years. I spent about 3 hours unpicking it and stored it for a number of years. All be caus the car was past saving but the roof as far as i no is not available. From time to time i do get given minors to scrap/strip/pass on to sombody to save.

Thats enough for now.

Paul
North West area rep for the Morris Marina Owners Club & Ital redgester.

Left foot breaking sideways on.

When i growup i want to be a TC

les
Minor Maniac

Postby les » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:17 pm

I am pleased to read this amicable thread.

~Sam~

Postby ~Sam~ » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated.
Sam Hoggarth
Morris Marina Owners Club Press Officer

WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Postby WPR678B » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Maybe a link to their website or contact information for them on this thread may be a good idea? I can see that a couple of their members are registered as above, but who should we contact in the first instance? :-?

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:19 pm

The link to their website is
http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/
Just place an enquiry in the relevant section of their message board just the same as you would do here :D
Like us there is no first point of contact or particular person that keeps certain types of spares
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller
http://morris-minor-conversions.co.uk
Herts Branch Contact
Moderator MMOC 44706

gbs100

marina+minor

Postby gbs100 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 pm

hello after owning 2 morris marinas for the last 18 years i have just got myself my first minor.i was stunned to find out how much new stuff you can buy .its very hard to find an new bits for my marinas.so if anybody has any marina spares please let me know. :lol:

sparesman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: marina+minor

Postby sparesman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 pm

gbs100 wrote:hello after owning 2 morris marinas for the last 18 years i have just got myself my first minor.i was stunned to find out how much new stuff you can buy .its very hard to find an new bits for my marinas.so if anybody has any marina spares please let me know. :lol:
I occasionally pick up Marina parts when buying joblots of spares to get the Minor parts. Sold a lot on to Andrew Eggleton last year but currently have a set of 1275 oversize pistons , headgasket sets, 2 handbrake cables and various ignition parts.
Bryan MMOC Spares
1952 MM 2dr saloon in Thames Blue UNO212
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest PPX344