Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
FrankM83
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Tips on removing paint from Plastic object

Post by FrankM83 »

I had a side lamp with a plastic lens, problem was it had paint on it! how to remove the Paint? Brake fluid I applied about 3 layers of brake fluid and left i for 4 days (mainly because I forgot about it) when I came back I found the paint all bubbled up and was easily rmeoved leaving an undamaged lens

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Good tip -and that's why it's important not to get brake fluid on the car's paintwork!
ImageImage
purplebargeken
Minor Fan

Post by purplebargeken »

Strange but true. For some reason I used RainX wipes to remove Damson overspray from my friends grey vinyl rear seat and it came off without any hassle at all. Have tried it on other surfaces and it works a treat.

Ken
katy
Minor Legend

Re: Tips on removing paint from Plastic object

Post by katy »

Huh?
Talk slow, think fast!
TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

RainX produce a range of "anti-fogging" products which are designed to stop your windscreen / the bathroom mirror etc from fogging or steaming up. It would seem it also removes paint. If you read the write ups on Google, some people think it is the best thing since sliced bread (in the antifogging useage) and some think it is rubbish. Maybe they have not realised themselves what its true purpose is.
Hows life in the West?
GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

This makes me glad to have switched to silicone, yes the pedal feel is not that good and everything needs to be in perfect condition to avoid leaks but when there are the paint doesn't get damaged and I've gotten used to the slightly spongy pedal anyways.
Gabriel