Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Replacement heater hose

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Little discovery I've made, which some will already probably know about, is Landrover heating duct hose.
So this is really aimed at those who don't and are looking for some suitable ducting hose.
Readily available and a perfect fit for Moggy heater vents.
It also seems to reinforced with a kind of flexible white resin (picture below), rather than wire (which rusts and snaps) like the original.
(Landrover) Heater Hose.JPG
(Landrover) Heater Hose.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 5797 times
Be warned though, it is a very snug fit, which while it is what we want, may require some perseverance (as I found) to get over the nozzles on the vents / the heater hose directional splitter.
It is supplied in two lengths, of which the shorter one is ample to do one car, so you can do at least two Morris Minors with one kit! :D
Link below for anyone interested.
Best wishes,
Mike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-S ... 2749.l2649
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Re: Replacement heater hose

Post by Sleeper »

Twenty Quid !!!! I think I'll have to take a look at the wifes hoover...

John ;-)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Looked at Hoover hose before John, found it to be too big. (Captain Skinflint brain on at the time...... :wink: )
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

Mike
Good news, not exactly Hoover but Bissel Easyvac and it's a perfect ( tight ) fit , and I've got loads of it :D
2019_1208hose0002.JPG
2019_1208hose0002.JPG (270.65 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
2019_1208hose0001.JPG
2019_1208hose0001.JPG (440.07 KiB) Viewed 5724 times

The story...
A few years ago the Euracrats decided that we couldn't have powerful Vacuum cleaners ( over a certain wattage ) and Bissel had just put on the market this model , so they turned up at Newark Autojumble and at £10 I had to buy one...
Took it home expecting it to be a dud , but no , it is excellent , so next visit to Newark found me seeking out the same seller and bought one for upstairs , no more lugging the " hoover " upstairs , one for the shed and one as a spare..( one always has to have a spare )..

I expect the heatgun or a bowl of hot water will aid fitting.

Next project is seeking out a 110mm fan to replace the feeble Smiths unit...

John :wink:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Good news for you there then John, just don't tell the missus............ :wink:
I thought standard Hoover (Electrolux, etc....) hose was too big though. The ones I tried were.....
How tight a fit is it? I whinged a little that the Landrover hose was very snug but then again better that than blowing out the sides.
Best wishes,
Mike.
Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

How tight? ...I can push it on while twisting , but to fit it in situ I think a little warmth is required..

John :) :wink:

P.S. do you recall someone fitting a different fan in the case??
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

P.S. do you recall someone fitting a different fan in the case??
Yes, that was Declan, link below.
However, with the 'closing panel' in place I got a good blast of air up the screen vent, so I want to wait and try it as is, before I go all the bother of pulling it all apart again to change the fan.......
I've just re-read your earlier post and, if I'm reading it correctly, there is only a limited supply of this size vacuum hose then, because the EU effectively stopped the production of this model because it was too powerful for their liking :roll: ...............
Best wishes,
Mike.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=70734#p643295
Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

Mike
Correct....

have just ordered one of these...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Ball-12 ... 2851327656

looks like it will be an easy fit in the case , and at 0.45 Amps and 3000 rpm should get the warm air flowing...will let you know when it arrives/ is fitted.

EDIT
Sorry Mike , this is the one I was looking for....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71167&p=646924#p646924

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Take a look at this John, you may need one to get the fan running on 12 volt car electrics.
Best wishes,
Mike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC-Computer- ... 1438.l9372
Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

No , it's OK Mike , the fan is 12V and will be controlled by the rheostat , and taking maximum 0.45 A will give the rheostat an easier life..

StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

It might be worth considering Mike's idea or some other form of speed control. The computer fan is going to draw about a tenth the current of the original fan and as the rheostat is just a variable dropper resistor I think it won’t drop any voltage/current at 450mA, so your fan will run flat out on all positions.
Regards John
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Referring back to the ducting hose, similar stuff is sold at fish pond outlets, for pumps and filters. The size could well be ok, at least worth investigating if needed.

Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

les wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:26 pm Referring back to the ducting hose, similar stuff is sold at fish pond outlets, for pumps and filters. The size could well be ok, at least worth investigating if needed.
Ahhh.... but not if I'm running a second water pump in parallel to the fan..

Will let you know when it arrives..