White 1000 Traveller - FYY 809J

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MoggyBlue
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: White 1000 Traveller - FYY 809J

Post by MoggyBlue »

Heya
Have you maybe tried making a post on Facebook and get everyone to share it. You'd be suprised how quick things travel on there. Many items had been lost and found, cars had been stolen and found so maybe it's atleast worth a try :)

http://regarchive.com/plate/FYY809J also maybe try this website you can add your car and it will.be on their data base so maybe if anyone does Google the reg then this will be the first link usually to come up on the search :)

Good luck
Jordan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1968 Morris Minor - 2 door - Smoke Grey - De luxe - called Norma
-1970 Morris traveller - trafalgar blue - De luxe - called Ona
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Well, it's been a while since I was on here - have been a bit distracted with a John O'Groats to Lands End Charity Marathon for the last eighteen months :-). Now that's over, and the car has now gone to its new owners, I thought I'd share this one again in case there are any new forum members who may be able to help me track down my first car. According to the DVLA it was last registered in 2011. I'm sure its still out there, sat in someone's garage or something. I'm going to try the Facebook idea suggested by Jordan (MoggyBlue) but if anyone can add anything to identify its location or current owner(s) I'd be really grateful. Please pm any info to me. Cheers. Bruce

Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

Having restarted your thread, I have been reading it through for the first time. It was mentioned that perhaps your car was exported?

I imported a Snowberry White Traveller in 2011 but it is not yours. However I had a look in our German Forum and htere are some White Travellers listed and shown. Most of These would be imported models from GB and not original LHD ones. Have a look, you never know?

http://www.morris-minor.de/bilder.shtml

Edit PS - I have placed an enquiry in the Forum asking if anyone has imported it.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Many thanks for that. The DVLA database suggests that it has not been exported as there is no export marker listed but you never know how these things work. Thanks also for the add on your forums too. Every little helps :-)

Best regards. Bruce

Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

How they work indeed - I just did a check on mine in the DVLA out of interest. Bearing in mind that it has been exported using the proper V5 form and indeed re-registered here in Germany since nearly two years - the Information in the data base only says a SORN is in place.......

My other Austin which was imported in 2009 is still on the DVLA data base under ist old reg number and saying the tax is due !!
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

Well, almost seven years since I posted the original shout and, sadly, I'm no nearer finding my first car - FYY 809J - a 1971 Snowberry White Traveller. I know it's a bit obsessive but I just have a strong feeling that the car IS still out there - somewhere. If anyone knows - or thinks they know - where it might be - do please let me know. According to the DVLA database its tax expired at the end of September 2011. I'm sure it's just laid up in a barn or a garage somewhere. Who knows, the owner may have joined the forum and may yet see this note.

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks everyone

BruceK