Late Travellers COT 796K, COT 800K & COR 426K

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Gilesv
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Late Travellers COT 796K, COT 800K & COR 426K

Post by Gilesv »

If anyone knows where these cars are, or have seem them, I'd be interested to hear about them out of curiosity. I believe all were first registered in Winchester.

796 is Limeflower - I know it belonged to a Lancashire Branch member and I believe it was last in the Blackpool area but was sold a couple or so years ago. The car was in Winchester up to about 2009 and I remember the original owner (now deceased)

800 was Bedouin but according to the DVLA website is/was now red. It was last on the road in the UK in 2011. I remember it from the day I join the MMOC in 1981 at a local rally. It was for sale at £900. I last saw it in Southampton in the mid 80's.

COR 426K was also a Limeflower Traveller- however, DVLA says that it was last on the road in 1994.
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Late Travellers COT 796K, COT 800K & COR 426K

Post by POMMReg »

Hants regns(?)
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
paddymac1967
MMOC Member: No

Post by paddymac1967 »

Hi there just looking through the forum and I noticed that you where looking for information as to the where abouts of morris traveller cot 796k it's just to let you know that I now own the car and I live up in port glasow scotland someone from Largs owned the car and I take it that she bought it from Blackpool area so it is the car you are looking for it is Limeflower and is still on the road and will be for a long time.

Cheers Paddymac
Gilesv
Minor Friendly

Post by Gilesv »

paddymac1967 wrote:Hi there just looking through the forum and I noticed that you where looking for information as to the where abouts of morris traveller cot 796k it's just to let you know that I now own the car and I live up in port glasow scotland someone from Largs owned the car and I take it that she bought it from Blackpool area so it is the car you are looking for it is Limeflower and is still on the road and will be for a long time.

Cheers Paddymac

Thanks for posting this: I was curious to find out where it went. I thought it would still be on the road, it was certainly good when I last saw it at a National Rally at Harewood House. It's getting further and further away from the South!!

I can fill in some of the early-ish history if your interested.
Gilesv
Minor Friendly

Post by Gilesv »

POMMReg wrote:Hants regns(?)

Your are correct Chris, in fact, all three cars were registered in Winchester. In those days at the registration office at The Castle, Winchester, which is still the HQ for Hampshire County Council.

No doubt, COT 796K would be a good example for your late traveller chassis/body/engine/jkey numbers..I know it's a steering lock car and possibly black engine.