Morris Minor found at Napoli airport

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mandy
MMOC Member: No

Morris Minor found at Napoli airport

Post by Mandy »

This week whilst working in Napoli I spotted an abandoned Black Minor in the airport carpark. The number plate was missing but it had an owners club sticker! Just wondered how it came to be there and if the owner was still in the club? It looked pretty sad and lonley, but I guess it was enjoying the sun. Any ideas? I have a photo if anyone wants to see it. :)
Pyoor_Kate
Minor Addict

Post by Pyoor_Kate »

Yeah, I'd like to see the photo, if you've got no space to put it up, mail it to me (PM me for details) and I'll stick it up online (if you don't mind).
Pyoor Kate
The Electric Minor Project
The Current Fleet:
1969 Morris 'thou, 4 Door. 2010 Mitsubishi iMiEV. 1920s BSA Pushbike. 1930s Raleigh pushbike.
The Ex-Fleet:
1974 & 1975 Daf 44s, 1975 Enfield 8000 EV, 1989 Yugo 45, 1981 Golf Mk1, 1971 Vauxhall Viva, 1989 MZ ETZ 125, 1989 Volvo Vario 340, 1990, 1996 & 1997 MZ/Kanuni ETZ 251s
Desires:
Trabant 601, Tatra T603, Series II Landy, Moskvitch-401, Vincent HRD Black Shadow, Huge garage, Job in Washington State.
Onne

Post by Onne »

Please do put up the photo, always want to help a mog in trouble!
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Thanks for the pic Mandy, here it is...

It looks sad :(

Lee
Last edited by Welung666 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Mandy, have you spoken to the car park operators? If they want the car removed we do have an Italian member who might have links with a classic car club?
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Oooo Hark at Mr Morley, the man with many european contacts ;)

Austin Powers watch your back :lol:

just kiddin'

Lee
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Oh do behave Lee!

What I meant was I would contact a member of this board who lives in Florence. :wink:
Last edited by Chris Morley on Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
Cam

Post by Cam »

Oh VERY good Mr Morley! :wink: Good choice of backdrop! :D
lucamarzana
Minor Friendly

Post by lucamarzana »

Hi to everyone,

I just came home and found Chris' message about the Morris in Naples airport.
Very very sad situation, I think. My first idea, after reading that the car was in Naples, was that it had been stolen. No, wrong! The first one was that the sad Morris was mine, so I went in the garage to look if mine was still there. :D And fortunately she is still there... :lol:
One possibility is that the car was stolen and abandoned there. Or maybe she was driven to Italy from some tourists, had some problems then was abandoned to the airport. Very terrible thing to do!
Too bad that Naples is about 600 km from where I live and can not get down there to give a look. But I can try to get in touch with some local classic car clubs to see if someone has noticed the car and, if it is really abandoned, can be rescued. What do you think about?

Luca
samheath100
Minor Friendly

Post by samheath100 »

if you report the car to the club they might be able to put something in minor matters
BIRMINGHAM, got a two door moggy 1098cc Check out my pictures at http://www.matmice.com/home/morrisminor

[img]http://www.matmice.com/home/morrisminor/images/rns.jpg[/img]
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Luca, thanks for getting back to us. I appreciate that this Minor is a very long way from Florence and you can't pick it up yourself. I was hoping that Mandy might be able to get us the contact details for the car park operators and then you could alert any local classic car clubs in the Naples area. It might be a good idea to contact them anyway in case Mandy can't get this info. :wink: Hopefully Napoli Airport doesn't have as many car parks as there are at Heathrow.
if you report the car to the club they might be able to put something in minor matters
Isn't that what Mandy has effectively done with this post? Anyway, without the registration it's going to be difficult to trace the last owner. :-?
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
lucamarzana
Minor Friendly

Post by lucamarzana »

Hi,

I have sent a message to a local classic cars club. I am waiting for news. I wish I was not living so far from Naples..... :cry:

Luca
lucamarzana
Minor Friendly

Post by lucamarzana »

Hi,

no news from the classic car club in Napoli. I would try to get in touch with the parking were the Morris was spotted so I need to know from Mandy which parking it was. (Generally in the airports there are more than one).
Thanks,
Luca
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Luca, you've done as much as you can. Perhaps we won't hear from Mandy again but at least we tried to save this car. It may have already been removed - perhaps it will be rescued from a local scrapyard.....:roll: Let's hope so.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
lucamarzana
Minor Friendly

Post by lucamarzana »

Well, knowing how things work down here I would say that the Minor is going to stay in that parking for a loooong time. I am trying to get in touch with a friend which lives in Napoli and will ask him if he can go there and give a look. I will keep you updated.

Luca
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Sorry everyone for not responding recently but I have been travelling again. The Morris is in the carpark right next to the Hire Car carpark with a few other abandoned cars.
I am not expecting to return to Napoli again in the near future and I did not have a chance to ask anyone about the car as I was dropping of a hire car to get my flight home. My Italian is not that good I am afraid. It would be great if the Italian Classic Club could save it. Thanks to everyone for interest and efforts so far. :D
Onne

Post by Onne »

Did you let Luca know Mandy?
lucamarzana
Minor Friendly

Post by lucamarzana »

Onne,

it is ok with your italian........surely better than my dutch! :D I have red Mandy's message and did ask a friend in Napoli if he can go there and give a look, possibly taking some more pics.
I did even write to another local classic car club to ask if they know or if they can do something about the sad Morris. (The first club I wrote never answered me, but probably they deal just with fancy and expensive cars..................).
As soon as I have news will update you here.

Luca

(your car looks like mine, 1957, but mine it is not so nice) :cry:
Chris Morley

Post by Chris Morley »

Thanks for letting us know your situation Mandy. Hopefully Luca's friend may be able to help save this unfortunate Minor... :roll:
Chris
-------------
1969 2-Door daily driver
Onne

Post by Onne »

:oops: thank you for the compliment Luca, I sincerely hope you get a reply now. The rear of our cars are indeed quite similar, not the front though, mine being a Series II!

Onne